What are these relays?

I have 2 relays attached to the firewall in side the engine compartment (above the distributor) but yet cannot find them on the wiring diagrams in the manual. I think that they are for the A/C but there is no wiring diagram for the A/C in the manual? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the A/C? and how do I check if they are good?

Thanks, Steve

------------------

www.geocities.com/monteman1971

402-4Speed.jpg

Mine is a non-ac car and has one relay on the firewall. This is what I found in my 1970 Wiring diagram:

http://www.riversidecorvetteclub.com/AaronsPictures/Relay1.jpg

http://www.riversidecorvetteclub.com/AaronsPictures/Relay2.jpg

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 11-18-2003).]

Thanks Aaron, I have that in my manual as well but what does "TCS relay" mean? Isn't it odd that the A/C systems wiring is not in the manual!

Thanks, Steve

[This message has been edited by Monteman1971 (edited 11-18-2003).]

I believe there should be three relays associated with the air conditioning system. I think there is a blower motor relay mounted on the evaporator core housing and two mounted on the fire wall which are listed as a blocking relay and an anti-dieseling relay. My '71 has this set-up. It is an air conditioned car and everything is working.

You probably have more diagrams than I do, but if it will help I'll scan and email what I have.

Roland Ryan

One of those relays is the TCS relay which cuts off vacuum advance until 3rd and 4th gears, and may activate a throttle kicker solenoid if so equipped. The second relay is hooked to a temp sensor and overrides the other relay at cold and overheating temperatures, allowing advance for increased idle speed.

------------------

70 Monte, 454, auto. 70 Monte, 454+.030, 4speed.71 Monte, 350 beater. 71 Monte SS 454. 65 Corvette coupe 365hp.