instrument cluster connector

coolcar429

i converted an instrument cluster last summer from lights to guages and now any time you turn on the accessory lights and/or the head lights the whole cluster goes dead(as if the whole thing loses power). so could any one that has converted theirs from lights to guages tell me what wire goes where on the connector.

Bad ground. Double check all of them. The one from the headlight switch especially. Did you move all the wires per the instructions? I know a few guys here have the pin out. Sure they will chime in..

Ed, if you send me your email address via reply post or a Private Message, I can send you a Word file with complete instructions and connector diagrams on the conversion.

-Rock  i did check all of that and i went off of what the instructions said to the best of what i could make out from them

-Leghome i think i got the right one for them. im building the car for a family member and i think they bought a conversion kit and it came with the gauges.

Ed, if you send me your email address via reply post or a Private Message, I can send you a Word file with complete instructions and connector diagrams on the conversion.

tried to send you a pm but said it could not here is my email coolcar429@aim.com

thanks for all the input

Mike and Ed,

I sent you both the Word file containing the dash conversion instructions and diagrams.  You may also be interested in the following links to photo journals of my dash conversion project:

1.     Gauge and LED conversion http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/ac329/dbengtson4/Full%20Gauge%20Cluster%20Upgrade/

2.     Dash clock repair http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/ac329/dbengtson4/Repairing%20a%20dash%20clock/

Good luck!

• 7 months later...

I know, old post but if you converted backlight bulbs to LED, you might have one in "backwards".

I recently converted to LED's and while testing, I purposefully put one in backwards polarity and dash lights would not power up, makes sense since they are all in series.

I corrected the polarity and they powered up.

RT

Hey Dennis:

I tried to pm you to request a copy of the word file you have and it would not allow me to send the PM.  Can you send me a copy of the word file you have?  I would very much appreciate it as I am still working on some wiring issues with my dash.  You can send to monte70z20@yahoo.ca.  Thanks.