trans wire plug in

rsorg

After changing my trans fluid ,I noticed that the 2  wire connection on the drivers side( turbo 400 trans )keeps on coming off ,real loose ,is there suppose to be  some kind of a clip to keep the rubber grommet on the white/clear plastic piece ,i used a zip tie around the rubber boot but does not stay on very good, is there something out there I could buy or create ,to keep this on ,thanks

The end is the original rubber boot, does anyone make a new rubber end ,? I hope that is the reason why ,when I gas it the passing gear does not kick in. and after replacing fluid I drained out 3 quarts ,but added 5 to have the dipstick now read ,full, but have not had a chance to see if the kick down\passing gear will work now,plan on driving it today, thanks

You might try re calibrating the kick down switch 1st.  It may be your switch just lost it's calibration and needs to be reset.  I wished I could clearly remember how to reset, but was a pretty simple operation to do, just can't trust myself to remember the procedures exactly.  If switch lost power during operation of car , may have triggered switch to forget when plugged back in?...............................

Doug