Cutting Coil Springs

I bought springs for my 402 A/C car and then went and dropped the A/C, put on an aluminum intake and headers, and as a result, the front end sat high. It never settled and it's been a few years and some decent miles. So I decided I would try and cut the coils since I hated the stance. I've removed the springs and was thinking of starting with half a coil (after consultation with Darren Bull). I happen to have an original set of springs from my SS with A/C along with a set of replacements that someone had put in. He mentioned that it didn't make a difference and he felt I could put the old SS springs back if I wanted. 

The replacement springs I bought are much thicker and have a shorter relaxed length than the original SS and the other guys replacements. Any similar experience? I wish I could remember who I bought the springs from (some bigger monte vendor from the US). DO you think my replacements are the wrong springs? I didn't feel it was an issue when I drove it, just didn't like the stance. 

post-307-0-91991700-1460399245_thumb.jpg

I bought new replacement springs on mine Tony, and cut a coil and  half (same position for fitment) and dropped it 1 1/2". You've seen mine, I like the stance. Some say it sits to low, its a "California look" as they say.  p235-60-15 on the front.

post-732-0-62931000-1460690313_thumb.jpgThe top of each wheel well (front & back) is slightly higher than the top of the tires. I have a 1" spacer under each rear coil spring & 25 lbs in the airshocks.

Here you go Tony. I don't really have a great side shot of before since I really didn't like looking at that angle. The rims are different but the tire sizes are the same, 275/60/15 on the back and 255/60/15 on the front. I wouldn't mind the front end lower, and if I change tires I might think of chopping more off. 

post-307-0-91514900-1460749543_thumb.jpg

post-307-0-53510500-1460749673_thumb.jpg