Monte/chevelle doors??

rtgz71

Hers guys, quick question... Was talking to a guy today about our cars and I was said I was looking get some better door glass and he said just use one from a chevelle, easier to find. Is this the case??? I thought the doors were longer on a monte...is he correct?? Thx, Ron

Same door glass as a Chevelle. The car is the same structure from the firewall back as the 2-door Chevelle (same glass, dash, floor pan, seats, trunk lid, etc).

• Like 1

So the physical dimensions of the door are same then? I thought they were longer!! Door panels interchange then?? Obviously the shape/ contoured are different. What about the door shell minus the skin?? May have opened up some possibilities here...

• 4 weeks later...

They are correct, everything is the same...  door handle , lock mechanism, power window motor and regulator or plain window regulator, even power door locks and wiring harness's and even the Rear 1/4 glass if you wanted to change that. Heck even the Back window and front windshield are the same.

The door skin is the only difference.

Darren.

• 2 weeks later...

The Monte quarter glass also fits a Buick model but I cannot remember which one. When I got my new side glasses last year the 1/4 glass was marked Buick something or another.

The Monte quarter glass is Monte only not chevelle

I had a full set of Soft Ray glass out of my 70 monte in my 70 chevelle ss that I sold for $40g's Jared and it fit just fine inc back glass and windshield.

Darren

Well dang I've always been told it's different, maybe it's cut slightly different but fits? If so I could have sold lots more glass.