Heater Core Installation

Canuck

What do I use to seal the Casing to the firewall (engine side). There was some type of silicone or something before. I'm not sure what type to use. Thank You.

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Monte131a.jpglogo_iamca.gif

If your wife ever says "Come and move this transmission so I can take a bath," You might be a Gearhead.

I already have the new one in the car. I just need to know what to use to seal the casing to the firewall. Thanx smile.gif

------------------

Aaron

My Monte Carlo Web Site

If your wife ever says "Come and move this transmission so I can take a bath," You might be a Gearhead.

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 08-22-2003).]

The correct stuff to use has the nickname

"Dumb Dumb". I have a buddy who is restoring a Corvette and he gave me some. I think GM still makes it.

If you phoned a glass shop they would have a similar product that would seal the casing.

Hi Aaron, the dumb dumb seal works the best, it is similar to plumbers putty. Lordco sells it in boxes - I believe it is made by Proform . They are round strips about 1 foot long and about the thickness of a pencil. Each strip fits directly in the groove of the heater core cover and once you tighten the cover on it forms to the shape of the firewall.

------------------

Todd Tweed

Kamloops, B.C., Canada

ttweed@sprint.ca

362876_8.jpg

362876_2.jpg

Thanx Guys!

Hey Todd, that garage looks familiar. I feel Like I've been there before. biggrin.gif

------------------

Aaron

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Hey Aaron, well you set foot in there at least once that I know of. Maybe next year it will be all back together in one piece and you can rubber neck it for me. smile.gif

I am still hoping to get down your way soon. Hopefully, during the Langley show.

------------------

Todd Tweed

Kamloops, B.C., Canada

ttweed@sprint.ca

362876_8.jpg

362876_2.jpg