Anyone running this combo?

Hi guys - 

New poster. I just purchased a very clean 1970 Monte Carlo base car. Bench seat, A/C, 350/350 combo. The car is 100% stock aside from the wheels which the previous owner is keeping. The fender lips are stock and have never been rolled. I looked through the entire wheel and tire thread but didn't seem to find the info I was looking for. I was thinking about purchasing the following rally wheel package from OPGI - 15x7 front / 15x8 rear - a kit they say fits the 1970 Monte.

https://www.opgi.com/monte-carlo/1970/wheels-accessories/wheels/RWS155/

Both wheels (front and back) have a 4-1/4" backspacing. 

So I have 3 questions here:

1. Anyone running this combo and if so, does everything fit as it should.

2. Tire sizes: I'd like to run a 245/60/15 BFG Radial T/A up front and a 255/60/15 rear

3. With the sizes stated, should I be worried about anything rubbing

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Mike

For a Monte, you are better of with 4.5 or 5 inch backspacing on 8 inch rims and then those 255s will fit with room to spare.

I now have 245/60/15s on 15x8 Corvette rallys (4 inch backspacing) and they rubbed the lip on all three 70-72 Montes I've tried them on. I had to roll the quarter lip slightly on one side of my 70 (It made me cringe to do it) to stop it from rubbing. With 4.25 backspacing you may be OK but can't guarantee it.

If it helps, here's a photo of my 70 wih 15x8 Corvette rallys and 245/60/15s on all 4 corners.

8 inch.jpg

Man. It seems like almost every car is different when you start moving up in sizes. Hmm. I'll see if I can get them with a 4.5"-5" bs for the 8" rears.

Thanks so much for the responses guys. Definitely helps.

I am running 8" rims on all 4 corners w/ 4 1/2" back spacing w/ 255 x 60 x 15 tires. No issues.

Good info! I figured the 4.5 backspacing would do it and they look great too.

When figuring on tire and rim fitment for the rear always examine the ones you have on there already...measure the distance from the lip to the tire (assuming it has not been altered...trimmed/rolled), on BOTH sides of the car. Sometimes people only check one side and order rims only to find out their cars rearend is not centered and the rim/tire might fit the one side they originally examined but it does not fit the other side ;)