Proportioning valve location

So I am wondering what some of you have done with the location of proportioning valve. I am not using the original valve, I have a newer style. Like the one in the picture if it shows up. I was wondering if anyone has used it and if so, where did you mount it? I was told that on the frame rail where the stock one mounted was a little to close to the exhaust manifold with a big block shoe horned in. Any ideas? Pictures?

Thanks everyone

post-606-0-75293700-1463538846_thumb.png

Oh ok, so roughly same location as stock Robert? If so, what did you do to mount it? Did you use both mounting spots, drill holes?

Thanks, Chris.

I've seen those mounted off the master cylinder on some custom trucks. made a bracket bolted to the master cylinder bolts and positioned just under the master cylinder. That may work in your case.

Dan, I was thinking of mounting it on top of the frame rail aswell, would you happen to have a picture of what yours looks like and how it's mounted? I was going to make an L shaped bracket and bolt it to the frame then bolt the valve to it.

Thanks

Dan, I was thinking of mounting it on top of the frame rail aswell, would you happen to have a picture of what yours looks like and how it's mounted? I was going to make an L shaped bracket and bolt it to the frame then bolt the valve to it.

Thanks

that's what I did to get it away from my headers

I don't know which way to go I don't have the motor in the car, I wanted to run all of the brake lines before that, so I can't figure out which way to go haha