Trivia Time

I have a Question for you hard core Chevy Guys,What does the chevy emblem /flurdalee(spelling's wrong in sure) symbol represent on all the old chevy's?The Flurdalee is a Quebec Canadian symbol. RCR 410790_46_full.jpg

your absolutely right , for some reason I refered to cars built in Canada, but this emblem is also on US built cars, there is a 59 impala here, built in Calif, that has the same cross flags,

Jim

Hey Landshark, I saw on that American Muscle car that Louis Chevrolet was a French race car driver that the company was named after, but not necessarily the founder. Now, ask me who actually founded it, and I have no clue, but if you believe everything you see on TV, that is the story I got.

Jim

Thanks, MarchieB. Louis Chevrolet and Billy C. Durant were founders of the company. If I remember correctly, Louis raced Buicks. Louis was in an Indy 500 but drove a Plymouth pace car. Gaston, Lou's brother, won the Indy 500. How did the Chevy bowtie orginate? Ed

Ed-the bowtie symbol came off of wallpaper that William Durant of General Motors saw in France.

The story goes that he cut some from the wall and kept it in his wallet(for 6 years! eek ). Then after asking Louis Chevolet to design a car for them to compete with Ford, he pulled it out the design and used it as the symbol for the new car. laugh There are probably more stories but this is the one I have wink

According to The Chevrolet Story 1911-1970, Chevrolet Motor Division of General Motors Corporation printed 1969, Louis Chevrolet was the designer and William Durant was the backer. This 1911 car was not a Model T rival. The model 490 of 1916 was the first Chevrolet to directly compete with Henry Ford's Model T. The 1911-1969 book has a drawing of Durant cutting the Bow Tie from the wallpaper. The 1911-1970 book has several pages of pictures showing Montes from start of build to rail car loading.