Drove a new 71 SS home today

As many of you know I sold my red 71 SS to another member last week. Today I drove 700 kilometers from Alberta in my new 71 SS. I purchased this car from FGMCC members Vaughn & Kathie Peoples. When I first laid eyes on this car at the 2006 Western Meet, I loved it. I never thought it would ever be in my garage though but sometimes dreams come true... it only took 10 years. It is always great to catch up with Vaughn and Kathie. This all came together very quickly so I have to thank Vaughn and his son Liam for getting the car ready for me so quickly. The car has 71,000 miles and is a very clean car. It drove great all day and truly enjoyed my first road trip in it. The next stop will be Grass Valley, CA for the Western Meet.

Attached are some photos from today.

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

IMG_2124.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

Aaron&Vaughn.jpg

• Like 1

wow! I can't believe Vaughn parted with that car! 

that SS is drop dead beautiful!, I had the pleasure for going for a ride in it when I went up to Vaughn's back in '07

CONGRATS!!!!

• Like 1

Wow, another '71 SS!  As much as I prefer '70's, I might have sloughed the '70 to hold a pair of SSs (assuming the "house rules" allow that, of course). :)  Your trade is like changing out of a pair of Allen Edmonds into another pair of a different color ... same great feel, different look.  Nice interior color on the new one.  Enjoy!

Selling "that" SS was a decision that I thought would never have to be made. As we all know "life happens when we are making plans" and that decision was made. Sad day for sure around here. On the other hand I am very happy that it went to a great home, many thanks to April and Aaron. See you all in Grass Valley

• Like 1

wow! I can't believe Vaughn parted with that car! 

You Can say that again Sam, I knew the car was gone because my cell phone rang and I could hear someone crying on the otherend. And it wasn't one of my kids.... :rofl:  :rofl:

Darren

All I can say is you got a beauty. For us that have seen this car in person pictures don't even do it justice. It is an elegant car and well done, I'm jealous Aron,, I'm not even going to get into the semantics, you must have something on Vaughn, for him to part with it.

Aaron,.........JACKPOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!    I have drooled over that car from afar for years.  What an awesome day for your garage.  I am extremely happy for your gain.  Enjoy !!! - Dave

That car is beyond beautiful!!! 

I get dibs on it next............

Your are actually not the first to call dibs. One member called dibs before I even got it home, LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice!  I would love to one day own a 70 or 71 SS.  I found a 71 SS for sale but it's still out of my price range at $12,000.  I'm not even sure what these go for these days as I have been out of the loop for awhile.

I just took my 70 Monte out of the garage today for the first time in two years to get it inspected for another two years.

Anyway, enjoy your new toy.  It is beautiful.

Wayne