2017 Western Meet: Penticton, BC

Canuck

We can add a fellow from Phoenix, AZ to the list. he'll be making the 1,500 mile drive to Penticton this year in his 1971 Monte.

We're up to 29 members!!!!

• Like 1

We can add a fellow from Phoenix, AZ to the list. he'll be making the 1,500 mile drive to Penticton this year in his 1971 Monte.

We're up to 29 members!!!!

I'm impressed!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ONLY 6 ROOMS LEFT!!!

Book ASAP if you are planning to attend the Western Meet. From what I hear Penticton hotels are completely full that weekend. It won't be long before the Summerland hotels  (including our hotel) start to get booked up.

If anyone wants a shift detent plate brought to the show let me know and I will bring it.....SPECIAL SHOW $ 25.00 USD plus a beer.......or two

post-370-0-89300000-1460669350_thumb.jpg

Hi there, I have some shift detent plates with hardware available for sale. These go into the horseshoe shifter and are a easy install. When installed these are like a racing shifter and you cant by pass a gear (embarrassing)

They work on the turbo 400 or the turbo 350. they also have a neutral lock out as well. they are fun for racing or just playing around on a cruise. 32.00 USD or 42.00 for non FGMCC members.

I will try to upload a video on how they work, pictures for now.

shipping extra.

• 2 weeks later...

I just registered both cars in the Peach City Beach Cruise. I held off a little while since I was not sure if I'd have the 70 interior put back together before the meet. I went ahead and registered both so now I have a deadline for getting the 70 ready.

I spoke with the organizers of the event and they are further ahead on pre-registration than they have ever been with over 400 already registered (the show has a maximum of 800 cars). It has been getting better every year and with Dennis Gage coming with his TV crew it has increased the popularity this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer, Looks like summer scheduling conflicts will cause me to miss my second Western Meet in a row......

I had booked a room in anticipation, but now won't need it.  I will be cancelling my reservation.  So, if anyone wasn't able to get a room, mine will be opening up soon.....

I will be there with you in spirit and planning to attend in 2018!

Three Months to Go!!!!!!!

Only 2 rooms left at the hotel. Book it if you need one.

I finally got the 71 out for a cruise to Lakeshore Drive on Sunday where the car show will be held. The beach is already looking good!

17361602_10154218202867680_5598003790086116999_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

9 weeks from today we'll be going for a nice long cruise around a few lakes, visiting a few viewpoints, having a nice lunch and stop for ice cream. Then Pizza at the hotel in the evening.

For those of you attending without a Monte, there will be a few seats for passengers available so you can participate.