Restoring Dash

Steve70Carlo

Hey Guys,

The Monte has had the original radio section of the dash cut out to accommodate a newer style CD player. I would like to restore the old radio section back to stock. I already have a new Wood Grain insert for the dash as the old one was cut. I am wondering if there is a way I could get a donor dash perhaps and use a stencil to cut out the radio section and then with some epoxy of some kind, install the cut out piece back onto my dash.

Has anyone ever done this before? Trying to do this without blowing the bank of course, so a brand new dash is not an option.

Any other Ideas to fit the stock radio back in with keeping a clean appearance?

Thanks for any input!

Steve 

Have Santa bring you an aftermarket dash for X-mas. What you describe might work if you can somehow get the donor piece to fit nice and tight but where would you get the donor piece from? You would probably have to find a dash that was junk except the radio part of the dash and most of the used dashes I see that is where the damage is at.

Just print it with a 3D printer!

(wouldn't that be cool)

First you would need a undamaged dash, radio area, to scan inside and out.

Some day.................