Mystery Bracket 3963770

colonel

This came out/fell out with my dash when I took it out last year and I can't see any place for it now that I am putting it back in this year.  It doesn't even seem to have wear marks around the holes.  Maybe it was for AC but this car never had it so it just got dropped in behind the dash and forgotten

3963770 is the GM part # on it but I don't find anything when I search it so perhaps someone has a parts book that lists it and we can find out where it is supposed to go if anywhere on my car.

Kevin

post-106-0-35008600-1480639765_thumb.jpg

It mounts at the back of the heater control assembly down to the lower dash frame. I had my dash out several times when doing my gauge upgrade so I remember that bracket. I found it in my assembly manual also, same part for all 3 yrs.

post-732-0-63398900-1480642620_thumb.jpg

Excellent.

My first 70 didn't have that bracket by the time I got it so I was a bit surprised when I found it in my "new" 6 week older 70 I have now.

It only has one u-nut so hopefully the other one is still with the heater controls.

Thanks again.

I had a look through my reproduced Chassis Manual and found a similar picture but it didn't have the nice additional info of the part numbers and such.

Is that picture from an original assembly manual or are those available as reproductions as well?

Found an assembly manual and a body manual on amazon.com but have spent the last hour trying to find someone that would ship them to Canada.  Will ship to a friend in the US and he will forward it on to me instead.  Can find the assembly manual on amazon.ca but it is roughly 4 times the price..............stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...