A Knight Has Fallen

Rob Peters

I am passing this message on from CK Collins because he is having issues getting onto the boards. Please keep Bill's family in your thoughts and prayers.

rob

Rob and Scott,

I was notified late last week that Bill Pontecorvo had passed away. He had cancer and succumbed to it on Wednesday 11/31/16. His wake was on Sunday 12/03 and funeral and burial on Monday 12/04. Numerous NY Sopranos and FGMCC members attended his wake. He was 64 years old. He was a friend, neighbor of mine and a fellow FGMCC member who will be missed. He left behind a wife and 15 year old daughter.

His wife did tell me that he was always in his "happy place" when he was driving, cleaning or attending car shows with his Monte. He did get to attend 2 Carlisle events with us. She thanked us for getting him to join and participate the FGMCC. It was something he always spoke about to other car enthusiasts and very highly regarded.

Thank you, CK

Thanks to CK for passing this along

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry to hear this and hoping the best for his family.

After clicking the link you posted I will say he did get to attend one of our best meets and that was in 2011.