Slight Vibration at 2k RPM

Will

Got the trans rebuilt and back in the car and she's back on the road. Got a call from my trans guy today and he said he felt a slight vibration right around 2k that concerned him. He was worried there may be a balance issue with the crank and if not addressed would cause pre mature failure down the road. I know for a fact the passenger side header is taping the lower control arm and needs to be massaged in with a hammer. it has the correct flexplate on there but I honestly can't remember if the balancer on it came with it or was off my 402. Or could tit be bad maybe? Have you guys ever heard of any thing this before? He's a very reputable local guy so I don't think he's making it up. Just wanted to throw it out there if anyone has ever heard of something similar. Thanks

Is your motor a 402 or a 454? New flex plate? Old or new torque converter? Love to help but we need just a little more info on your machine.......

• Like 1

Sorry, the entire drivetrain is new. 454 bored slightly to 468, Continental 9 inch converter, 168 tooth flexplate for 454 BB, Pro Sport Harmonic balancer, and a TH400. Poly mounts all the way around as well.

yep

the first thing is to unbolt the torque converter from the flexplate and run the engine to see if it still has the vibration

this will eliminate/confirm if it's the torque converter/trans or with-in the engine

Could just be the ends of your cross member that hold your tranny in. The rubbers can be weathered or the tranny guy didn't reinstall them.

Carl 

Update* through some research realized that the SCAT crank that's in there does not come with a dowel pin for the flywheel. Apparently none of them do. So when I had some starter issues previously and I replaced the flywheel because of some partially chewed teeth I may not have aligned the flywheel properly for the external balance. Gonna back the trans off tomorrow and check.