PUI vs. Legendary seat covers

earle54

I think I know the answer to this however, I thought I'd put it out there.

I've heard Legendary is a superior product, but costly compared to PUI.

Looking for feedback on PUI in regards to quality. 

It seems everywhere I turn for info I here....."go with Legendary."

Bottom line,I'm looking to save a few bucks.

Is the American Industries Foam the best as well. (not sure if that's the correct name.)

Are these the only options out there or am I missing an option or two ?

Appreciate any advice.

I used USA1 foam and it worked very well. I also bought seat covers from C.A.R.S Inc. They've been in business a long time and have a great product.

Dan

I had PUI covers on mu seats and the ripped apart where the seat cover meets the burlap or whatever material that goes under the back and fastens to the frame. I used Legendary for my replacements and the difference in quality sure made me happy with my decision.  I do not know how long the PUI covers were on the seats but the thickness difference was a goodly amount with Legendary being thicker. I also got my door panels from Legendary, I had to send the steel for the rears panels to them and used my old chrome trim for the fronts. They had new metal for the doors panels.

My wife 72 has an entire Pui Interior, there's nothing wrong with Pui especially on 71 72 material. Pui has really improved their quality and look in the last 10 years. Especially if you go black. In a car like my 70 dark green interior that I am very very picky overI would go with the highest quality covers available...if I ever have too... almost 50 years and still beautiful

My Cars inc cover on driver side stiches came out one cover came with some sharpie mark I didn't see until after 30 days and they wouldn't make good on it. Went with Legendary

I ordered door and rear panels from Legendary over 2 months ago. I haven't gotten anything from them, so I called them about 3 weeks ago, during their normal business hours, to check the status. I had to leave a message on a machine for them to call back. A week later, with no callback, I called them back and got the answering machine again. I left the same message, noting I had called the week before and had gotten no callback. The next day, a Tuesday, I still hadn't gotten a call. I called and when the machine answered I clicked whatever number it was, as if I was placing a new order, to be able to get a human on the line, instead of the worthless order status line. When a gentleman answered, I explained when I had ordered and why I wanted to talk with him, since I hadn't gotten any callbacks for my order status. He checked for me and said the computer showed they had a problem of some kind with the panels and they would be shipped later in the week. That call was 12 days ago. I still haven't gotten anything from them, except a big hit on my credit card back in November.

Dan

I have had all good experiences with them. Great products. They must be having a problem. You would not want them to send you a product that does not meet their standards. They must have to sort something out.  Hang in there. I do not think they will skip town on you.

It took me three months before I heard anything. I ordered just a few days before the sale ended and received my stuff  The end of March, during that time I put in the dyna-mat like stuff and tidied up everything else like painting the seat springs and tracks so Ii was not in any hurry anyway. I ran into a sales rep at a hot parts show in INDY in January two years before I received my interior and he told they were having a hard getting people to come to work. I also had a hard time contacting them, they never returned my calls and I also got the answering machine on most calls. But the wait was well worth it IMHO.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I called Legendary 10 days ago, a Friday, and the guy said he would find out the status of my panels and call me before noon on the following Monday. I'm still waiting on that call that will never come.

Dan

The phone call never came, but the panels did yesterday. I'm not ready to install them, but I spent some time checking the fit and I'm glad I did. The rear panels are ok. I can't shut the doors with the panels installed. The driver panel is 3/8" longer than my original at the area where the lower stainless trim goes over the top edge of the carpet strip. The lower front corner extends 1/2" past the original, and the panel hits the kick panel when trying to shut the door. The passenger side is similar, but not quite as far off as the original panel, but it hits the kick panel, too. Also, none of the pre-punched holes for the door handle and arm rest match the original panel. They'll be getting these back real soon. I traced around the new and old panels so I can send them pics in an email. It's been a 5 month wait for panels that don't fit.

I suggest to anyone that is considering buying door panels from them to wait and see if they can again make some that fit.

Dan

post-339-0-53688000-1492286667_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-38564800-1492286755_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-98651800-1492286796_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy with my new bench seat covers from Legendary. I got the seat back in and it looks great. I also installed new carpet from ACC and door panels from PUI.

IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG