Comfort grip steering wheel option. Horn button strong etc

Kevin Wiles

how do I make the horn work? The kit I bought came with three little Parts. A spring, a rod with a nail head, and a tiny black plastic ring. I can't determine how they go in and what order and which way they go in exactly. I can't make any sense of it

The parts go into the tube on the canceling cam as they are in my picture. The spring is the first piece to go in, then the pin and then the retaining ring. The retaining ring on a 1970 is different than the 1971 and newer style shown in my picture. A 1970 used a compression fit style, not one with a tab as shown here.

IM005589_zpsd8834462.jpg

I was going to suggest you get it from a standard steering wheel horn wire harness. The reason why they sell the tab style is because years ago the pretty much discontinued the 68-70 style part after the tabbed was was produced. The tabbed parts were used from 71 to about 77. The other solution is to change the cancelling cam to the 71 style.