Cluster brake dummy light question

V8Freak

Hey guys, so I have my dash all together so this question probably should of been asked before hand but it seems as though I'm missing my brake indicator. So you have your 2 signal indicators at the top of the cluster but there are also 2 at the bottom, the bottom left is high beam but not 100% on bottom left. I have 3 clusters all missing the lense including the one I installed. I figured that's just how it was. I looked at my dads 72 today and seen his has the brake dummy light in that location. I went on OPGI and looked at there after market cluster and those also seem to not have that lense in there clusters that you can buy. Can anyone enlighten me? Is this supposed to be like that?

The lens does not attach to the cluster. It is pushed into the backside of the dash carrier/ housing. You can find these on ebay for about $8.00. NPD National parts Depot has them in their Chevelle catalog on page 23 for $9.95. I would not install the dash into the car until you get one.The cluster must be removed fron the dash housing to install.

• Like 1