G67 OPTIONED AUTO LOAD LEVELING AIR SHOCK COMPRESSOR

Idk which one is correct but...

Big Reds is black 

My brother's 71 SS is black 

I purchased an NOS one, it's black 

And I just purchased another and it's black. 

Just saying. 

IMG_20190914_120350.jpg

IMG_20190925_171903.jpg

1 hour ago, willie said:

So how do we know if they are supposed to be black or cad???

I honestly think the answer is "both" (black OR cad).

My 38,000 mile, original SS had faded cad plating still on it and not a trace of black. Nothing was ever touched on that car. My buddy also has an untouched (needs restoration) 71 monte SS and the compressor has cad plating. 

Perhaps black is the more common color?

Jeff 1970 SS454

• Like 1

I have a friend that has had his '70 SS for decades (2nd owner) and he is just as particular about keeping it original as the first owner was.  It has 53k miles and came from the factory with a gold tank on the compressor. 

I read here years ago that the factory installed tanks were gold and the over-the-counter ones were black.  If you have one that hasn't been restored, take the tank off and you'll see a little bit of the original color of coating inside.  I've had both.  The compressor with the gold tank below is an NOS compressor that I bought last winter.  It came with the wrong tank, so I had a correct gold tank recoated gold.  The black coating is black phospate and I had a couple of tanks recoated in California at Brakeboosters.com.  They also did the gold tank and alot of other parts on my car. 

Dan

20210403_152425.jpg

20161127_100712.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, overdrive said:

I have a friend that has had his '70 SS for decades (2nd owner) and he is just as particular about keeping it original as the first owner was.  It has 53k miles and came from the factory with a gold tank on the compressor. 

I read here years ago that the factory installed tanks were gold and the over-the-counter ones were black.  If you have one that hasn't been restored, take the tank off and you'll see a little bit of the original color of coating inside.  I've had both.  The compressor with the gold tank below is an NOS compressor that I bought last winter.  It came with the wrong tank, so I had a correct gold tank recoated gold.  The black coating is black phospate and I had a couple of tanks recoated in California at Brakeboosters.com.  They also did the gold tank and alot of other parts on my car. 

Dan

20210403_152425.jpg

20161127_100712.jpg

Agreed! This makes the most sense!

My 38,000 SS was never touched and was faint worn gold, yet inside tank was still gold-ish! 

Jeff 1970 SS454 Black

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, chevelle1970 said:

Looking for a G67 compressor,  does anyone have one for sale.

I have a couple but I can’t sell yet because I have to finish my car first. BUT. There is a guy on marketplace that has two. And the ad says 400 bucks. But it changes as you read the ad. They have been on there for quite some time so be careful if you contact him. 

13 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

I have an extra I may sell. I need to test the two I have before I let one go.

Does it really matter if they work, as long as it’s there and looks pretty. Lol. Jk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Kook 1

4 hours ago, chevelle1970 said:

Looking for a G67 compressor,  does anyone have one for sale.

Jeff. Keep in mind that you will also need the fittings, valve, lines and shock protector plates to make the option complete and obviously shocks. But I gather you knew that. Where about in Kentucky? 

• 3 weeks later...