Installing dash, where do these go?

o_rod

On my 71 NO A/C Monte:

One goes here:

post-76-0-13962700-1492204869_thumb.jpg

And there is one attached to the parking brake assembly:

post-76-0-40161500-1492204990_thumb.jpg

What year do you have, 1970? The grounds mounted a little different on the different years. One goes to the steel dash frame just to the left of the steering column if looking from the front of the dash. The other goes to the lower  mounting screw on the left side of the wiper switch. You may have screwed the small bolt back into the hole in the steel dash frame after removing that ground. Look for that hole or a small bolt/ screw. You can see where it is mounted in my picture. You can not see the wiper switch in my picture, but you will be able to figure it out. This is a 1972 dash with idiot lights, but will be the same for a full gauge dash.

IM004848_zpsksrqczdb.jpg

Sorry don't mean to Hijack but Im having same issue reinstalling dash. 71 no A/C.  My dash has an odd ground wire that goes around the headlight switch and a wire connects to a Metal Ground Bracket that is mounted by the wiper switch and extends to the dash metal frame where it is screwed in (see picture). So does one ground go to cluster , one ground go to metal frame and one to the Emergency brake pedal? Or two wires to metal frame and one to cluster?

I also have a long pink wire with a clip (See Pictures). I have no Idea what this is for.   Thanks 

post-44-0-57450900-1492467132_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-65403000-1492467144_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-05785800-1492467154_thumb.jpg

All of those black ground wires all are soldered together in the dash harness and then they branch of from there. That being said where you mount them is not that important as long as everything that needs a ground is grounded. You have the headlight switch and wiper switch grounded already, now the loose black wires all should be able to be grounded to the steel dash frame where you have the bracket grounded for the headlight/ wiper switch. The only year I have seen the cluster grounded was 1970, and not on that many of them. The is no consistency on how GM grounded these. I have seen many variations of where the grounds were fastened. If you hare having ground issues with the cluster attach one there it will not hurt a thing. If you have a very long black ground wire that will reach the E brake assembly put one there. You can put the last one where you mounted that grounding bracket.

Not sure but I think I have a pink wire related to my power trunk opener. Lot's of pink wires!

Good luck.