Fuel issue Resolved (hydra Matt)

vince

Well I really didn't post what the problem is, so let me start from the beginning.

When I did the 5.3 conversion two summers ago, I need a return line for the fuel, so I ordered a after market sending unit that has a return line. The supply tube in the tank came with a small filter at the end so I dropped it in and hooked up the pump. The car ran good but I started to notice that when I had a 1/4 tank and I put my foot into it the car would stall. I thought that was normal and  considered 1/4 tank as my new empty.

About a week or Two ago I took the car out to play I had just a little over a 1/4 tank and thought i was safe. I got on it a little  and the car stalled leaving me on the side of the road.

When I got home decided to drop the tank, when I pulled the sending unit out, I was shocked the filter and a part of the supply tube were missing, I mean all I had was a 2" piece of  3/8" tube to pick up the fuel the filter and small tube were sloshing around in the tank.

This explains why it would stall when I got on it the fuel would go to the back of the car and the pump would suck air.

I considered buying a new tank from tanks Inc. but I'm a cheap guy and looked at other options. This weekend I installed Holly's Hydra Matt I paid $140 for it.

I was a little apprehensive about it cause the 3"x15" Matt didn't look to impressive.   I installed it towards the back of the tank and attached it to the short tube on the sending unit.

To my surprise that little Matt works flawlessly, I took the Monte out for a drive this weekend and gave it a real good test never stalled once with 3 gallons of fuel.

I give Holly Hydra Matt a thumbs up.

• 3 months later...