2018 Western Meet: The Dalles, Oregon

Canuck

Registered for the show and hotel booked!  Looking forward to getting back together with FG gang......

BTW, I was told only double queen bed rooms left in the group block at the hotel.  I reserved a double queen room Fri-Mon.  I am on the waitlist for a single bed room.

• Like 1

We're up to 18 members so far and still several others who are working on their plans to join also. Book your hotel room as soon as you can as this hotel will fill up.

Thus far members are travelling from:

Oregon

Washington

Montana

California

Arizona

British Columbia

Alberta

Saskatchewan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BOOK YOUR ROOMS IF YOU HAVENT DONE SO!!!!!

I checked in on the reservation status today - and the number of rooms reserved for FGMCC don’t match the number of people saying they are attending...

This means many have not booked a room.

I have to release the non-booked rooms back very soon (a little over a week)... and I will not be able to guarantee a room or the group rate is available for those that miss the deadline.

This hotel will sell out for this show.

BOOK YOUR ROOM

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Only 3 weeks to go!

Note: There are fires in the area near The Dalles. So far it has not threatened the main town or car show area but we will keep you posted. When you travel, be sure to check for any possible highway closures as a result of the fire.

Also note that preregistration by July 31st is only $20. It will be $25 if you register at the show. It is always easier to preregister as it is one less thing to do at the show.

• Like 1

It will be here before you know it.  The excitement builds.  Praying for good weather for you and the fires to be clear of that area by then.  Looking forward to pictures from you guys.

rob

DANG, it is almost here!!!

Praying for good weather.

rob

The weather forecast is awesome. No rain and low to mid 90s. Perfect!

75 to 80 is perfect.

It was 104 last time we had the meet there so I can deal with temps in the 90s. Also no humidity like the coast so it’s not that bad.

Canuck,

I sent you a Facebook PM earlier explaining my current situation. Me and my wife will still make the drive down, just not in our 71. Too many mechanical events have happened within the last 2 weeks for us to feel comfortable making the long haul. The car left me dead tonight at an intersection leaving a local cruise-in. I had to be pushed off the road to safety. I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but it's not enough time to "proof" it out before the weekend. I'm terribly bummed about it, but at least the car did not get hit by a car tonight when it died or caught on fire. In the meantime I don't want to miss out on the fun (meeting club members and checking out cool cars). Perhaps a member can give me and my wife a ride in a 1st gen around the block to make our visit to the Dalles official, haha. 

Sorry to hear about the car but looking forward to meeting you two. You can get a ride in ours or another I’m sure

WOW, The Dales temperature today was a High of 102 and tomorrow 107...... hopefully it is a dry heat but Friday it does drop into the 90's and Saturday the 80's.

For everyone heading to the Western Meet, have a great time.

rob

I'm leaving tomorrow around 11:00 AM for the Dalles.  I should be there no later than 3:00 PM unless the Sun turns me into a French Fry  :B  by the time I get there.  Frankly, the Temp isn't that much different than here in Portland.  Thought I would never say this but "Looking Forward to the Fall"!

All drive safe & see you tomorrow...................

Doug