Gen III LS Fitment

Blackhawk

After doing months of research, measuring, and hunting down broken image links and dead build threads, I decided to take the plunge and order the mounting accessories for my LM7 swap.  Most of the A body information out there assumed that all cars on that platform shared the same frame, including the Monte Carlo.  Because the engine mounts at the rear of the crossmember, you can fit more oil pan in the rear than a Chevelle.  On a Chevelle, you would need to do some cutting to fit the LS1 oil pan with forward mounts (the front of the LS is in the same position as the SBC was), here's the fitment on a Monte Carlo:

ujxZ2DK.jpg?1

I used Trans-Dapt 4572 plates with Summit polyurethane engine and transmission mounts.  The transmission fits with the tall mount and preload plate in place, no preload plates used on the motor mounts.  No ideas on the angle yet, but it should be well within the acceptable range as a Chevelle build using basically the same components achieved 1* down.

The Holley mounting kit, while nice for the Chevelle, is not feasible for the Monte Carlo.  Since the Monte's frame mounts are flipped around Chevelle mounts, the Holley kit would either place the engine into the firewall or need supports mounted behind the crossmember to place the engine correctly.

I'll make a more complete summary, along with some of the information from my intro thread, in a more appropriate section.  Here are a few more photos from the swap.

tYVbyjV.jpg?2

Km4rFSw.jpg?2

AEPArSM.jpg?2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cody sorry for the late reply,

The mounts i got are adjustable, I had to use the holes further-est to the back because the shallow part of the pan towards the front would hit the steering.

I was hoping to move the motor up a little but it didn't work out.