Battery cables?

When I got my Monte the battery was side terminals. I like Interstate batteries but the only side terminal the "guy at the counter" could find was in the marine section lol. I picked up an Interstate at BJ's that has both side and top, I use the top posts just because I disconnect the NEG when its sitting in the garage. I too went with 1 gauge at least on the starter/pos cable and 2 gauge on the neg/ground. No issues 

Ebay is a good source for new in box Delco Remy battery cables if you wanted original looking cables. I ended up finding one that was a replacement for my car. The other one I bought was too long but I was able to remove the terminal, shorten the cable, and reinstall the terminal.

Mine doesn't look stock but works real well. Your local welding supply place has all kinds of large copper cables and ends. I went with zero gauge and crimped my ends, then soldered them. They are oversize and will last forever.

Ive been looking around for different options for the battery terminals themselves, does crimping a copper eyelet to a 2 or 1 AWG wire and bolting that to copper or lead battery terminal carry enough amperage? If so are people tying the smaller wires for fender ground and the one that goes off the positive cable to the core support into the copper crimps or attaching them to the battery separately. Also does anyone know or remember the size of the eyelet on the starter? Sorry for the game of 20 questions. 

IIRC the painless kit ( 1 gauge # 40107 ) directions said crimping was fine. My cables already had the top post terminals but I soldered the other ends on. Again I used 2 gauge for the NEG and again soldered the other ends on. The eyelet provided was fine for my starter even though it needed a metric nut not sae.