What would you bid for a 1970 LS6

Rock

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pts/d/1970-chevy-lshp-big-block/6341830297.html

I put a bid in for this motor and not really sure the actual value. It obviously needs to be gone through, he states it has not ran since the 70's? Any have any idea what it would be worth. It would fit nicely under the hood of my Monte!

After a couple of emails with the gentleman, it sounds like he wants $3k for it. Might be more than I am willing to spend for an engine that I have no idea if the block is good.

After a couple of emails with the gentleman, it sounds like he wants $3k for it. Might be more than I am willing to spend for an engine that I have no idea if the block is good.

I would be very leery without some guarantees myself.  For that money, he should be able to provide some documentation as to the Blocks condition.   As far as price?  Seems a little steep to me for a Core.

All the best what ever you do decide.

Doug

I offered him $1k as it sits. He stated the blocks go for 2k. I said of coarse if they are magnafluxed and honed. He is going to have it inspacted and get back to me. No way I would put out that kind of money without it.

Numbers are correct......... ??

if they are then the Intake is 100% wrong and so are the Valve Covers. the carb has to be a 800cfm and the temp sensor down by the oil filter also 100% wrong. 

512 Block sure but then again every single LS5 is a 512 block like in my 71SS. here is some info:

Chevelle SS LS6. LS6 454/450 HP in 1970 two versions of the 454 were know to exist, the ls5 360 hp and its big brother the ls6 450 hp.The ls6 454 features a holley 800 cfm carb, low-profile, dual plenum aluminum intake manifold, rectangular port closed chamber large valve cast iron heads, solid lifters, forged steel crank, four bolt mains and 11:1 pistons. 

Darren

So does anyone have an idea what a motor like this is worth? Is it worth 2500-3000 the way it sits? I would assume it would cost another 4K to rebuild it.

doesn't blue print sell long block WITH a really good warranty ????...better money spent that way.imho .....rather than HE will get it checked out