71 SS

orbit

Hey Joe, looks Awesome !!   Could I suggest 1 item off Ebay that I bought, it spruced up the Alternator real nice Pulley and fan...

20160102_134317_zpsu5p501gk.jpg

IMG_2236_zpsnmlxfstn.jpg

Darren

Hi Joe, I bought my combo and bolted it on my alternator 2 years ago from Ebay. Of course when I look back it only shows feedback on items I bought but doesnt shows the item itself, so I cant find the original listing or sellers name. But here is a link to some for sale on Ebay but dont seem to see one's with the Anodized Fan as well.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=chevelle+deep+v+belt+alternator+pulley+and+fan&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=chevelle+alternator+pulley+and+fan&LH_TitleDesc=0

Darren

Joe, wow amazing restoration!!!

Life has not allowed me much time on the site the last couple of years, but I just read all 6 pages of your rebuild. Once completed, you are going to have one beautiful Monte.

Keep the pictures coming

• 1 year later...

Sorry guys I haven't posted in a while but I am back into the restoration trying to be ready for next years 50th anniversary of the 71 Monte Carlo. Working on teaching myself how to paint as I have never picked up a spray gun before but I am determined to paint my own car. Here is my first attempt at painting on a test quarter 

20200212_111855.jpg

20200212_111858.jpg

20200212_111904.jpg

20200212_111908.jpg

It looks great from what I can see.  So, catch us up on your 71.  You had not posted in quite a few years.  Last one I can see you were talking about was a 71 SS in Redding, Pa, is that the one you ended up with or was it another one.  You say you would like to get it finished for the 50th anniversary of Monte Carlo.  I take it you are talking about the FGMCC Eastern Meet in Carlisle.

Other than the paint, where do you stand on finishing it with the exception of the paint.  Is everything else done?  I hope you can get it done in time for Carlisle.  If you do,  you should become a dues paying member of the club so you can join in on the club activities, voting and awards.  Most of the club members are arriving on Wednesday and Thursday to start off the club fun,.

rob

Rob

I meant next year which will be 50th anniversary of the 1971 Monte. I am working on body work now and hoping to have it painted in spring or early summer.  Still super busy at work but I gotta get me car done as I need to be behind the wheel and enjoying it

Gonna try Temco Paints. I heard really good things about them. They were the only ones that told me they could mix my original code 67 Classic Copper. This other color is close but not it. PPG cant mix it, Martin Senior does not have a formula either

7 minutes ago, fatblock said:

Rob

I am a dues paying member. Why is it up for renewal 

According to the file I have checked it shows your dues were due to be paid March 11, 2018.  If you have proof that they were paid since then please let me know so I can turn on your dues paying membership badge here on the club website.  You can email me the proof of payment to rob29ford@aol.com or PM it to me here on the site.

rob

Thanks Joe, I was able to see your payment and have assigned your member badge here and given you access to the Dues Paying Member areas of the website.

rob

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...