Evans Waterless Coolant

201fireman

I went with it for my 72. You want a dry cooling system frist as they product doesn’t mix with water. My motor was pulled and sit for years so that made it easy as it was dry. So far I’ve put 4 gallons ($45.52) a peicd in the cooling system (just an alum radiator not heater core) and it could probably take one if not one and half more to fill it up. You want an almost 99% water free cooling system with their product but the boiling point is mean 300 degrees.

I have been using it in my 36 Packard for many years. I chose it for (2) reasons:

- To protect my engine and engine rebuild investment. My engine is not easy to find any more and the cost to rebuild is significant compared to a SBC. No water means no rust. It is best to start using it after all of the water is removed from the cooling system (like an engine rebuild) since the product contains no water.

- To prevent boil over. Cooling systems in the 1930's are not pressurized and when the engines get too hot in the summer they can boil over. Waterless coolant raises the boiling temperature to something really high and lowers the freezing point to something really low and since I have installed it, I never worry about either one.

It is kind of expensive but I thought it was worth it in this case. I don't use it in any other cars because I am always changing things around on them.

The product does what it claims in the ads. I know my local street rod shop sells a lot of it.

Hope that helps!!

Mike

I did a bunch of research on the stuff.

While most people like it, there's a percentage that hates it and went back to green.

I decided to stick with green, 60% water, 40% Prestone and I have freeze protection down to -12 and the benefits of water as a coolant-which is the best coolant.