1972 MC Custom Numbers?

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is the latest update for the 72 Custom numbers.  Again, any questions/concerns, please advise.  I trust the format is a little easier to read going forward.  Feels free to save a copy but is an Microsoft Excel program & need Excel to open it I assume. 

Doug  

1972 MONTE CRLO CUSTOM NUMBERS REV. 9.JPG (7).xls

Here we go again! I just completed an update requested and added another one for a total of 38.  This should be sufficient unless you have any changes/additions needed.  Don't be bashful if you find something not correct & let me know. :)  

1972 MONTE CRLO CUSTOM NUMBERS REV. 10.JPG.xls

Doug

• 3 months later...

Here is the latest updates to the Custom Data Base.  Please look over your info and ensure it is correct and if not listed, please advise.  Thanks to ALL for sharing your Custom finds with me as well.  39 Customs identified to date......................

Doug

1972 MONTE CRLO CUSTOM NUMBERS REV. 10.JPG (1).xls

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet ride! Why the buckets and no console? 

I had a 70 like that. The story I was told is that the lady who purchased the Monte wanted a place to put her purse. On a bench seat it would keep sliding to the other side. Lolol. True story. 

2 hours ago, Miikkeewheel said:

I've got one of these. Originally triple green with buckets and no console. 350/th350. I've hot a couple build sheets around here somewhere. Here's a picture from 1998 or so when my grandpa owned the car. 

FB_IMG_1577903025538.jpg

Hi Mike & thanx for the info.  I will add it to the Data Base directly.  Can you send me your VIN #, pic of Build Sheet so I can transcribe your info?  Once done, I will provide the FGMCC with an updated & revised copy on my Thread (72 Customs) in 454 SS Forum.  Much appreciated.

Doug

4 hours ago, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

Hi Mike & thanx for the info.  I will add it to the Data Base directly.  Can you send me your VIN #, pic of Build Sheet so I can transcribe your info?  Once done, I will provide the FGMCC with an updated & revised copy on my Thread (72 Customs) in 454 SS Forum.  Much appreciated.

Doug

Doug, the vin number is 1h57j2l558733. Here are some pictures of the build sheets we found.  There were actually 3 on this car. The completely black one was between the floor and insulation.  It can actually be read if it's held up to the light. I've got almost all the other dealer paperwork and stuff too.

20200101_193916.jpg

20200101_193920.jpg

Thanx Mike.  I put the Vin# and a couple identifiers on the Spreadsheet getting your info started.  I will see what I can glean from the Build Sheet but looks difficult to read the info.  The serial number in the Vin # you gave me is 1h57j2l558733 but according to the VIN # on the Build Sheet it is 1h57j2l548733.  The one 5 should be a 4 as shown in explanation.  Having paperwork that you can show me with your car's options so I can include them on your Car into the Data Base.  That info helps me make sure I'm not duplicating as well as showing your Build.  Once updated, I will as said earlier, Post it into 454 SS Thread under 72 Custom Numbers.

My Data Base is on Microsoft Excel 2010 and that is how I am updating this info on FGMCC Page.  If you have Microsoft Office, you can download this info if you choose into Excel and even updat for your personal use but the Master is the one I will continue updating to the Club Site or simply return here periodically to see how we are progressing.

Thanx and let me know if/when you join the Club so I can confirm that in the Data Base. :)

Doug

Doug,

I must have made a typo on the vin. Sorry about that. These things are actually readable in person,  so I copied all the info down. Here are the options, and what I'm guessing is the window sticker.  I just sent in my payment and application for membership an hour or two ago. 

Thanks!

Michael

20200101_210252.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the Latest & Greatest update.  Still trying for info on one to make more complete but everything found & serviceable is documented on Spreadsheet.  

I have been reluctantly moving over to Windows 10 Environment from 7 by purchasing a Windows 10 PC and keeping my Windows 7 for some Programs that I can't replace on 10, primarily my photo rendering program.  Anything today appears to be for 1 Seat ONLY or by Subscription.  This way, until Windows 7 fails, I won't have to be indentured into Microsoft RENT ME forever programs.  In the course of moving info across from one PC to the other, I thought I mistakenly deleted this Data Base and did from the New PC, but still had with latest update(s) on old PC.  So, I will now make sure it is on Club Site in case I have another one of those moments. :B

Anyway, any questions, finds, prospects let me know.  You have ALL been GREAT helping scrounge them up........................

Doug

1972 MONTE CRLO CUSTOM NUMBERS REV. 11.0 JPG.xls

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Latest & GREATEST!  Rev. 13 is now available for your review if so inclined.  Again, I want to reiterate, even if unsure if in data base, please contact me with minimum a VIN # if possible and a contact so that I can check data base and update new info as it is provided.

Again thanx for your efforts ALL......................:2beers:

1972 CUSTOM NUMBERS REV.13 .JPG.pptx

On January 1, 2020 at 4:01 PM, MC1of80 said:

Sweet ride! Why the buckets and no console? 

I had a 70 like that. The story I was told is that the lady who purchased the Monte wanted a place to put her purse. On a bench seat it would keep sliding to the other side. Lolol. True story. 

Saw another same way at a show couple years back...buckets no console...of course we're all scratching our heads and thinking like men..the owner informs us that the   older lady he bought it from was naturally asked the same  question...

'well when my two friends and i drove to church where on earth were we to place our purses??!!    another unique and funny monte story!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here comes the latest revision #14 update.  I have made a couple updates/corrections to Spreadsheet.  Please continue verifying your info to ensure it is correct and advise with any correction(s).  Appreciate ALL the info received.

Doug

1972 MONTE CRLO CUSTOM NUMBERS REV. 14.0 JPG.xls