1972 MC Custom Numbers?

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

13 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

AIR is for pollution I'll assume the car was built for calf. It's the AIR pump and tubes that run to exhaust manifolds. 

Gotcha!  Mine came out of Van Nuys as well and also had the factory emission equipment installed but wasn't identified on Build Sheet.  Build Sheet(s) don't seem to be very uniform from build to build.

Thanx for clearing that up for me.

Doug

6 minutes ago, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

Gotcha!  Mine came out of Van Nuys as well and also had the factory emission equipment installed but wasn't identified on Build Sheet.  Build Sheet(s) don't seem to be very uniform from build to build.

Thanx for clearing that up for me.

Doug

Mine is a 71 van Nuys car that was sold in calf spent a bunch of years in calf and didn't have that set up.

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Mine is a 71 van Nuys car that was sold in calf spent a bunch of years in calf and didn't have that set up.

My understanding that was not a requirement until 72 and not certain, but Calif. only?

Doug

I bought a new Nova in 68 and it had the SMOG pump and tubes  My Monte I bought in Sept of 69 came from the Van Nuys plant without that stuff..  Nova High performance 327(325 Horse) the Monte 265 horse SB 400

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

Okay, lets try this again!

Works for me. (I deleted the other post.)

That last car has a rear defog on it too.

28 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Works for me. (I deleted the other post.)

That last car has a rear defog on it too.

Missed that & will update at my end & next update will reflect Rear Defogger.  Thanx for keeping me honest.....

Doug

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Doug. Add this. I purchased it Friday. Let me know if you need anything else. 

IMG_5303.png

IMG_5385.jpeg

This will certainly get me started Dennis.  Will advise if anything else needed & noticed a 454 CI Car?  Thanx for bringing it to my attention & reflected on next update.  Any questions/concerns about the information documented on Data Base, please advise.  Enjoy your purchase and looking forward to pic's when you have them available. :2beers:

Regards,

Doug

On 6/18/2023 at 7:47 AM, Dtret said:

Doug. Add this. I purchased it Friday. Let me know if you need anything else. 

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5303.thumb.png.62fa97eb8f141768ccbc66ca83a34252.png

Hey Dennis, having trouble attempting to view your Build Sheet for VIN #'s.  Need this to verify and identify not a duplicate.  Just couldn't Edit current Pic to give me an accurate description of those numbers.  Appreciate the info.....

Doug 

14 hours ago, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

Hey Dennis, having trouble attempting to view your Build Sheet for VIN #'s.  Need this to verify and identify not a duplicate.  Just couldn't Edit current Pic to give me an accurate description of those numbers.  Appreciate the info.....

Doug 

I knew it… Dennis bought a clone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Newest Update at REV. 27 with (2) added Customs, Both are Club Members. :2beers:  If in Data Base, review your info to confirm as correct or advise any changes.  I missed a request to have their Car (#73) jsd454 in Data Base included earlier :doh: and now one of the (2) vehicles added with DRETS Car (#72) recent purchase the other.  My memory isn't what it used to be & on occasion I may need a assist.:B

Thanx to ALL in helping me accumulate this Data. :yay: (Darn Pesky Banana's)!   Upon review, please advise any erroneous Information of your/any irregularities & keeping in mind, any Sightings you come across ie; Car Show Venues attended a good example where Documentation (VIN#) can be secured for a start with Owner contact if available.  Getting harder & harder finding new blood for the Data Base but certain there are more out there!  I have tried to make that info as complete as practical to better reflect that vehicles DNA which in turn, helps keep me honest (mostly).

Again Thanx to ALL & will see you next update............

Doug

1972 MONTE CRLO CUSTOM NUMBERS REV. 27..JPG.xls

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...