1972 MC Custom Numbers?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No problem Eric.  I have updated your new info.  What size motor & transmission (if you would like that added). You are correct that with comfort tilt steering you also get the 4 spoke sport whee

You should become a dues paying member and bring that unrestored Custom to Carlisle for the Eastern Meet for all to see.  You can't beat a survivor Monte. rob 

theres a 72 454 custom on eBay now for sale.

Posted Images

This is the info on my 72 Custom

1972 Monte Carlo Custom, W code (454), buckets, Turbo 400, console, factory tach, gauges, tilt, sport wheel, rear window defogger, remote control mirror, lighting package (under dash, rear view mirror, under hood and trunk) and F41 performance suspension package. 
Original color was Midnight Bronze with Saddle interior. Now is white w/black vinyl roof and black interior.

Vin - 1H57W2K541736

rear end - RU C 308 1
trim plate -

ST72  13857  K. 169492BDY

TR 735  A51           68   68PNT

12A  03655

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Midnightflash said:

How do I know my 1972 Monte Carlo is a Custom or not? 

There are certain things you can spot real easy, absent a build sheet. Granted, those would be bolt on parts that anyone could add, but something to look at real quick.

First, would be the 'Monte Carlo Custom' emblems on the sail panels. Next, I look for the body colored 'aero/sport' type of side view mirror with remote cable inside. Rear sway bar and boxed lower control arms, and a larger front sway bar as well. Wider 'belt molding' (the approx 1" wide trim strip along the top of the doors and onto the rear quarters). 

Also look here, pretty good description as well:

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/resources/72custom/

If you can find a build sheet, it would go a long way towards detailing what you really have. Typical locations are on top of the gas tank, behind the rear seat, etc. Other guys will chime in where they have found theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

1972 MONTE CRLO CUSTOM NUMBERS REV. 11.0 JPG.xlsNew update on Custom Numbers. :B  Gotta couple more added and is Rev. 15, dated 10/11/2020.  Still incomplete info on a car or two but overall what has been identified.  Please review your info and advise if needed amended. :2beers:

Again appreciate your willingness to offer up the info. 

Doug 

Hi doug some info on my car needs changed #36 VIN is wrong should be 1h57u2l519803, also I have black interior and top, i also have 12 bolt open rear end, vinyl bucket seats and console, air, and made in Van Nuys and condition modified thanks for your time Anthony

Edited by layerac
add info
  • 2 weeks later...