Paul Bell

T-shirt on Ebay PSA

I bought a nice T-shirt on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/t-shirt-Chevy-Monte-Carlo-1970-71-70-72-1971-1972-front-end-custom-made/112770161509?hash=item1a41a01b65:m:mDdtd53J1VqlP3xQR7u9G1A

It lists all three years. In the "add note at check out", I stated my print color and that I wanted the 1971 nose.

It came as 1970. I messaged him about this and he said: "What is the difference? I thought that logo covered all those years. I do not have logos for each year. just the one logo."

I find it strange that as I requested a 1971 nose, he didn't stop and think, why is the buyer saying that?

I requested a refund and he approved it.

It's a nice shirt, if you have a 70.

post-201-0-11616100-1522245839_thumb.jpg

Glad you got your money back.

Quite disappointing though not having a 71 or 72 option.

You would be explaining that story every time you wore that shirt when someone asks you about your 1970, lol.

Did you get to keep the shirt?

I'm expecting a return shipping label. OR he wrote it off, I already received the refund into my paypal account.

I'll wait a day or two, I'll return it on my own, I don't want him to think I got over on him.

EXACTLY!

This is very debatable, but what is not debatable is that Blue is the best color.

rob

Lol, my 72 has a 70 front clip due to the parts that came with it when I got it, and everyone constantly questions the year because my license plate says 72 on it... this shirt would be no different haha

That's the front end of the elusive 69' prototype.  It's got the side winkers next to the headlights. 

And for the record, 1972 is the best year,......why do you think they changed to Gen 2 in 1973.  GM couldn't improve on the perfection they created in 72!  No more improvements needed!

Ha - Dave

And for the record, 1972 is the best year,......why do you think they changed to Gen 2 in 1973.  GM couldn't improve on the perfection they created in 72!  No more improvements needed!

Ha - Dave

I'm sorry Dave but I am going to have to correct you here. In reality the 70 was the best year. Chevrolet saw what a great looking car it was and tried for two years to improve on it but decided that would be impossible and felt rather than trying to improve on he perfection they had accomplished on the 70, then and only then did they change generations and move on.

rob

I'm sorry Rob but I am going to have to correct you here. In reality the 70 was just the first try. Chevrolet saw what a great looking car it was and greatly improved on it with the second year but discovered that further improvement would be impossible and felt rather than trying to improve on the perfection they had accomplished on the 71, then and only then did they change generations and move on.

I'm sorry Rob but I am going to have to correct you here. In reality the 70 was just the first try. Chevrolet saw what a great looking car it was and greatly improved on it with the second year but discovered that further improvement would be impossible and felt rather than trying to improve on the perfection they had accomplished on the 71, then and only then did they change generations and move on.

I DON'T stand corrected, I stand by my statement. If what you say is true why did they stick so closely with all of the similar things found on the 71 @ 72 like fenders, core support, interiors, tail light bezels etc. That said, they should have stopped with the 70.

rob

And.... I am sure you would say the same about the First Gen Camaro. LOL. However most of the population would choose the 69. Just as they would the 72 Monte. Just for S&G, Tell me of another production car that one would consider to be the ultimate the very first year introduced.

Thanks for a great laugh, no better way to start a day.