Resignation

Kevin Wiles

I founded the club, and was the president of it for 4 years now. I'be been thinking about it for months now. A president of the US serves a 4 year term. I've not been able to invest the kind of time or energy that the club deserves. I hand the club over to Pete if he wants the responsibility, if not it will be his decision of what to do.. I will fully help with the transition. There will be no lapse in newsletters or service to members. I just thought I would publically announce that I'm stepping out, and since Pete is our Vice President it is up to him and our other members to figure out a way to fill in where I left off. Like I said before, I will help to make the transition a smooth one. Anyone who has been around can easily tell you that the club will be better off without me in charge. For instance: Email me and see how many years it takes me to get back to you. Call me and see how long it takes me to call you back. My life has changed so much from the time I founded the club until now. I am 100% sure that the club will be in better hands. I have had alot of fun and will never forget the experience. Thanks to all who have made this club a success and to all those who will continue to make this club even better. Happy Motoring.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kevin I think you were doing a great job with the club. when ever I E MAILED you it seemed like you got right back. Well I want to say thanks for every thing you have done for this club.If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have this club.Well what ever you decide good luck,I wish you the very best. Roman!!! fgmcc

Congrats on the four years. Lots of stuff can go on in a person's life that consumes all time. Again congrats.

Well this might be an excellent time to have a link to what duties each individual person does who holds a position for this club such as president, vp, etc.

Benefits of this would be:

1) people would know who to contact when the need arises, thereby reducing duplicates or overflow of emails and phone calls.

2) possibly allow people to be more involved the club (for example: if the VP is in charge of item A then the possiblity of people having a similar interest would be able to help the VP.

3) Set-up a guideline for members who hold positions possibly setting limits of time so no one feels they carry the load forever.

4) Set-up a way to elect a new Pr, VP etc.

5) are there written records on what has taken place from dealing with bad apples to decsions on why certain things occur available to the next P, Vp etc. If not there should be some abbreviated minutes etc that would/could be used as a reference for the future leaders of this club.

Charlie72

Wow Kevin I must say I am surprised!!!!!! However I understand that things do change in our lives. I would like to take this opportunity to "thank you" for all of your devotion and hard work over the years for the club. Without you this club would not be here today. THANKS!!!!!!! Monte

Kevin, sorry to here that you are stepping down. I have only been here for a year or two and the club has made significant progress in that thme. I can only imagine what the club was like in the begining with a handful of members. You have done an excellent job. I know for one that i would never have purchased my Monte last year if it wasn't for the club and having somewhere to attain information and a helping hand smile

I know that Pete, if he chooses, will make a great Pres.

One comment;

now as far as voting ... we have to make sure we don't get caught up in the whole chad's and dimples episode of a few years back. My I suggest the pinecone/birch bark method (my fellow canucks may understand this one already)

And one question; Kevin what's the clubs pension plan like?

Wow! I want to thank you for starting this club. There is no friendlier or more knowledgeable group like this on the web and it's all because of you and your vision. I know it must have been a tough decision because this club is your baby. I know it would be if I was in your shoes. I have a lot of respect for you as you admit that you can no longer commit the time needed. You are putting the club first to making sure that it carries on to it's full potential. I'm sure Pete will do a great job to oversee the club's growth in the future if he accepts the President position. I'm sure Pete can be a chisler and cheepskate too. laugh

Thanx again Kevin for all your hard work over the years getting this running!

Kevin,

I can fully understand what you are saying and your reasons. You have done great work for this club and will be forever it's "founding father".

Thanks for everything and I still hope to see you around at the club meets... laugh

Man i am surprised on this.

my opinion is e-mails are just that accidents do happen and life does gets very busy with a little one. Beleive me i know and so will charlie72 aka charlie in a few months.

i also agree on the fact that deligating authority will make it much easier.

like:

one person that does the newsletter

another/two to four does events "regions"

another does hotel setups and pricing

another does membership renewals "possibly the same as the newsletter like it is currently done

two- three web server administrators "for pictures and fixing site issues"

then moderators for the forums "as it is at the current time"

merchandise coordinator "t-shirts and stuff"

One person does the finances "checks will be written by the Pres once approved etc "this will prevent people from pocketing money" not that it would happen but to prevent it from ever happening

Kevin might i suggest you stay on as CEO basically an oversight person/ guidance advisor. since you founded the club and you have done a wonderfull job at it. this way we can avoid any mixups/ bad deals there might have been in the past.

best of luck to you and your very busy life hope it doesnt bog ya down.

alex

Hey Kevin!

It was great working with you. You may not be able to answer e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner, but you always paid your bills pronto! smile

I imagaine you get LOTS of mail and it just gets to be too much when you are also trying to raise a family, go to work each day, keep up with the message boards, get newsletters out, etc. etc.

I hope you are going to stick around! Will this make you a "bronze member" now? LOL

Kevin...THANK YOU for starting this GREAT club!

Best wishes,

Mickey

WOW I could not believe it even possible when Aaron had told me and hey April 1st is over man, I really don't think you need to do anything this drastic. I do understand it can be very overwhelming but the decision is up to you, best of luck what ever you decide. Does this mean I do not get another window decal? Sorry just kidding if you do change your mind and stick around we will all understand.

hey Kevin sorry i missed your call , i will call you in the next day or 2 , im still coming down to work on the coke machine not sure on a date yet, tough decision i know but i know you will still be around just a little less stressed

Leo

Sorry to hear you are stepping down, but I can fully understand your situation. I must say thanks to you for starting this club and website. Being one of the early members and watching it grow, I feel you should be very proud of what has been accomplished here. It is a great club with great people! I hope you will now find more time to work on the Coke Machine! Thanks again! smile

Yes, the president serves a 4 year term, but then he can be re-elected wink

Thank you Kevin for starting this unique club that grew into a family. There are great moderators and wise members here that keep it up and they deserve the credit for it.

The president needs to oversee issues, doesn't always have to be involved and invest lots of time so you might want to reconsider the resignation.

No matter who will be the next "El-Presidente" I'm sure we'll be a happy family and live happily ever after.... lollol

Thanks again for the club and your dedication.

fgmcc

Hey Hey

First I want to thank kevin for stareting the club and doiung a great four years Now that Kevin is stepping down lets not let the club go away

Dave

Well Kevin, like I've mentioned to you before; I feel that this club meets a need for many first generation Monte Carlo enthusiasts that hadn't been previously met. Yes, there are other car clubs to be sure - but having one that specializes and focuses on one particular generation of model makes for something truly personal right there. Information that is shared on this site and in the newsletter is all FGMC-related (for the most part), and I think that makes it simple for anyone to find out what information they need and is part of the club's charm. The "That's the kind of car I have!" factor is always something that can interest a "car person". I have to say that I was pretty excited after I realized that this club was going to take off, and I am glad that it has.

Seeing a gathering of virtually any model of vintage car is pretty cool as far as I'm concerned, and this club gave me the opportunity to see that with the "collector car" of my choice; the first generation Monte Carlo! Man, it kind of puts a lump in my throat when I see pictures of even a few of them together. The comraderie, however, isn't solely because of the cars - but also because of the people who admire, respect, own and drive them that frequent these very message boards. The cars are what brought everyone here, but the willingness of everyone to help out their fellow FGMC owners with whatever they can is a fine showing of good will toward others. Is it any wonder that so many have said that this club is like a family?

I can understand where you are coming from with your decision, but keep in mind that while you may be stepping down from your position as president of this fine club, you can't step away from the fact that what you've put into motion and built up here has had a positive impact on a lot of people. You are the club's first president - it's "founding father" - and that is an accomplishment to be proud of, regardless of what capacity you continue to be involved with it in.

My soon-to-be-paid-for FGMCC hat is off to you my friend, and I think that we can all offer you a unified and resounding "THANK YOU!" smile

We are the FGMCC!

Dave

SAY IT AIN'T SO.

I would like to echo what has been said above. Kevin, it has been great to get to know you. You did a wonderful thing, starting this club. I will never forget the first time I stumbled onto the website. I had just started my search for my second Monte Carlo. As many people here know, my first Monte was the one I purchased in August of 1970. It was such a treat to have been looking for anothe First Gen Monte at the same time I found this site. The club and website was in its beginning stages and we have come such a long way since those early days.

Going from being the Founding Father to just being a Daddy may sound to some to be a step down but it is really a step up.

I do hope you will stay involved in the club and will be able to attend some of the meets. You have brought together a lot of great people here and for that I thank you for some of the friends I have met here.

As far as Pete becoming the President, I hope he accepts because I know he will do a fantastic job.

Thank You again for everything you have done.,

Rob

I've only been here for a short time and I find that the few post I made I have some helpful people so far and I do log on daily to see what's new I do want to thank you for this great place to share Ideas and ask questions with some good people. as far as how to make a transistion Kevin you should get all your officers and moderators in a chat and all discuss what would be the best for FGMC and then post the order of business just my 2 cents. I do feel your pain with life changes it can be stressful and sometimes you have to do what is best for you and your family and so on good luck . Later Richie

Having been one of the people that have personally talked with you, I will miss your tenure. cry You should be awarded life club membership for free.

fgmcc

Wow, Kevin

I'm shocked to hear you are stepping down, I bought my '71 because of this site. I have had nothing but great experiences when dealing with you (phone, e-mail). I know its tough when things get busy in life, I went through a period like that last year.

Thanks for making this club. :P

Kevin, you founded a first class club and will be missed as President. Take good care of your first family but dont forget your second family right here at FGMCC. Thanks for your time, effort, and work. - Dave

With out this club I would be completly lost in my voyage to finish this car, I thank you Kevin for providing this resource to make it look like to my friends that I know what I am doing. Showing people this site also shows them why I wont part this car out to a Chevelle :rolleyes: . And I am glad that you are resigning without a sex scandal laugh

Hey Kevin, As stated many times above....Thanks.

Thanks for starting a great club. I've had a Monte since I could drive (22 years now) and when I found this club not only did it give a great forum to talk Monte's but I've meet and made friends with people I would not have known otherwise.

Now for the obvious question....where's Peter's response??? I'm nervous, we need someone to lead the flock.

Good luck in everything, I'm sure your going to remain a member.

Steve

Wow Kevin, that's a shocker!!!

I also ditto the responses above. Thanks for all you have done, and don't be a stranger to the rest of us.

Good luck in your future endeavors!!!

PS: I HOPE you're NOT gonna go off and start a Mustank club!!! HA HA HA, LOL... wink:Plaugh

Ben N

fgmcc