Resignation

Kevin Wiles

Wow! I don't know what to say other then. Kevin...you have done a WONDERFUL job with FGMCC. Don't feel bad or feel like you weren't up to par. I do commend you for stepping down when you found you didn't have the time. Must be that Mopar Madness bug. smile just kiddin'. In all seriousness...look what you have created and the friendships and connections made because of your initiative. You rock! You may NOT be president, but nobody can take away your founding status and the respect everyone around here has for you.

You and Jennifer and now baby are very busy and a lot is going on. I know we will hang out often...err...at least 2 times a year. smile

Pete...you will make a awesome president! I can't think of anyone that could do it better. If you need any help, just hollar! Kevin and I are here for ya as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stella, I believe you have put the words in the best possible way smile Thanks for the offer to help out, i may need it.....lol.

• 5 years later...
Thanks for all the kind words. It has truly been my pleasure. I love to hear that this club has influenced people to buy or keep their Monte, or that it helped them so much. It was a hard decision, and I kept it all to myself, and let nobody even know what I was thinking. I thought and thought and thought to myself everyday, and everyday it seemed increasingly more like the right thing to do. So at lunch at work I swallowed my pride and typed the above post from yesterday. Then I hurried up and hit the submit button before I changed my mind. A few minutes later I called and told my wife what I had done. She thought I was joking. But I was not. She was very upset because she knows how much this club means to me and how it is my #1 biggest accomplishment (aside from my family of course). So she wrote this little paragraph or two for you all to read, so I'll post it here now and put it in the newsletter.

To All of FGMCC,

I don’t really know how to begin this, but I want each and every one of you to know this club was Kevin’s life. We have been together for 7 ½ years now and I remember him coming to me four years ago and mentioning that he was going to start the only First Generation Monte Carlo Club. Of course, I thought he was crazy. I would have never known that it would have grown so big. From the few newsletters that we printed on our computer and hand written addresses to getting 300 copies and having addresses labeled, and from ordering 100 shirts to a 1000, and how the website has changed, and I cannot believe there is a store now. We have gone BIG. I am very proud of his accomplishments and sad at the same time that he will no longer be president, but always knowing he was the FOUNDER. I look around our game room and see all the plaques and certificates and the club banner with the logo on it. That logo is something I will always identify Kevin with. He is handing the club over to someone else only for the better. This shows you here that FGMCC is very important to him. We will still be here if anything is needed. With getting married, having a baby, working full-time, and just everyday hustle, Kevin didn’t feel like he was giving the club what it needed or deserved. Life has changed a lot since the beginning of FGMCC. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of you and with your interests so close to ours it was like we knew you all the time. It’s almost like leaving your family. I have shed the tears because this club has been my life too. I have told Kevin it is sad to see him pass on something he wanted for so long. A lot of people don’t realize that he is only 23, and if he didn’t have so much on his shoulders or didn’t have to spend all his time at work he would be able to make this club meet its potential. We will still make it to the meets that we can, and we will keep you informed with the progress of “The Coke Machine Project” (which we will have a little more time for). And who knows maybe a great debut meet when it is done! I can’t wait to see how this club will grow in the next four years and beyond. This is not a farewell, but a beginning to bigger and better FGMCC. NO ONE CAN EVER TAKE THE FIRST GENERATION MONTE CARLO CLUB AWAY FROM US. IT IS HERE TO STAY!

Best Wishes to All,

First Lady, Jennifer L. Wiles

Well, it has been a little over 5 years Kevin & Jennifer.

Did the club grow in the direction you envisioned?