2019 Western Meet: Penticton, BC

Canuck

There are some real dedicated members coming to this Western Meet.

34 members will be attending

24 members are traveling over 400 miles.

7 members are travelling over 900 miles.

3 are over 1,400 miles!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

OK.  Either my luck is changing and my mysterious Monte issues are happening before the meet so I can fix them at home or it isn't changing and there are more to come.  Latest issue is leaking aluminum rad.  Can't locate the leak as it only seems to leak when its warm.  It has been pressured up for 2 days and not a single a drip.  There are a couple rub marks on the pass side tank at the bottom but no leaks there.  Noticed the tubes get more and more crowned as you go up the rad.  Not sure how that happened but I suspect when it gets hot it twists or twearks in such a way it opens somewhere and leaks until it cools down.  Got the factory rad in there again and it seems to keep things cool but it is only 18C and Penticton was 35C last time so the possibility of issues is increasing.  It's $100 to get an estimate on a repair if they even can repair it and there is no availablity here for the correct replacement.  Ordering one from the US to get here in time for the meet would add $150 US to the $240 - $340 US price.  Here we go again.

RAD.jpg

On 6/3/2019 at 9:02 PM, colonel said:

OK.  Either my luck is changing and my mysterious Monte issues are happening before the meet so I can fix them at home or it isn't changing and there are more to come.  Latest issue is leaking aluminum rad.  Can't locate the leak as it only seems to leak when its warm.  It has been pressured up for 2 days and not a single a drip.  There are a couple rub marks on the pass side tank at the bottom but no leaks there.  Noticed the tubes get more and more crowned as you go up the rad.  Not sure how that happened but I suspect when it gets hot it twists or twearks in such a way it opens somewhere and leaks until it cools down.  Got the factory rad in there again and it seems to keep things cool but it is only 18C and Penticton was 35C last time so the possibility of issues is increasing.  It's $100 to get an estimate on a repair if they even can repair it and there is no availablity here for the correct replacement.  Ordering one from the US to get here in time for the meet would add $150 US to the $240 - $340 US price.  Here we go again.

RAD.jpg

I'm sure Sandy is thrilled... LOL. See you in 2 weeks!

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

AARON IS SHOOTING FOR THE HARD LUCK PLAQUE  and the meet hasn't even started.

rob

That’s Kevin who’s having issues.

considering I live 3 minutes from the hotel it’s not likely I will get the hard luck award.

For those of you attending the 2019 Western Meet I sent out emails this evening with several details about the event. If you did not receive the email please send me a private message with your email address.

Well I haven't really explained the whole situation to her until now but she trusts my judgement.  I am confident in it's mechanical condition but can't forsee these odd issues so am wlling to take the chance.  I am sure the factory 3 core will work fine unless it gets, and stays in the high 20 - 30's.  Right now the 14 day outlook says it will get into the mid to high 20's on the 19th but cool off to single digits at night so that should be OK.  It was those mid - high 30's with night temps staying around 20 that caused the problems in the past.

I would still like to have an aluminum rad in there anyways so is there anyone with room for a new rad that can bring one up when they come??  I would order and ship to your location so all you need is the willingness to bring it with you and the room to do it of course.

The weather is all over the place right now and very unpredictable. What I've learned living here is to not rely on the long range forecast as it is usually different. Bring clothes for cool to hot temperatures!

FYI: Do not do any burnouts during the meet. The police have zero tolerance and will impound your car. I've seen it happen.

Cameron from Reno has offered to transport the new rad so it has been ordered and should get to his home early next week.

Thanks all.  I am really looking forward to this meet that I want to leave tomm............given my history I may need the extra time to get there but with the rad on the way I am minimizing my chances of issues.  Yeahh!  Also making Sandy a bit more comfortable about the trip.  Me too I guess.  See y'all soon EH!

• Like 2

2 rooms opening up at the Rosedale Motel

Email me dodsyaaron@gmail.com or call me 250-462-8444 if you would like a room.

Suite/cottage available: 2 bedroom suite (1 queen in one room and and 2 singles in the other).

Room available: 2 queen beds.

Both rooms are now spoken for... that was fast!

I have this up on the Facebook as well, but offer stands here too. I rented the two bedroom chalet, the girlfriend and I only need the one bed. If anyone else is needing accommodation. I have the other bedroom and maybe the hide-abed if someone is in a pinch! Now the other hard decision, which Monte to bring???

32130779_10156352550973827_8912007227385053184_o.jpg

DSC_0578.JPG

For those of you who are attending but have not yet become a dues paying FGMCC member or need to renew please come see me during the meet and I will provide you with a membership form. Membership is $25USD. Thank you!

Everyone heading to the Western Meet over the next few days.  Please drive safely and Arrive Alive!!!!  Have a wonderful time.  My grand kids and I are leaving for Carlisle and our Mini-Meet in Carlisle, Pa on Thursday morning early.  Safe travels and prayers for fantastic weather.

rob

• Like 1