Sign in to follow this  
JDTaylor65

1970 New member in South Jersey

I've wanted a 1970 Monte Carlo since I was a 12 year old paperboy. One of my customers had '70 SS that I fell in love with. Fast forward to this spring and I found this 1970 in the Allentown area on Craigslist. Spent the summer driving the car and  dreaming of mods to make it mine. First round over the winter will be installing a passenger side mirror, updating the cooling system wtih Ron Davis radiator, twin Spal electric fans and shroud, a Vintage Air Front Runner serpentine setup and Vintage Air Surefit kit. The car has a 383 w/ G2 Trick Flow heads,10:1 compression,Crane .454/.480" lift and 216 int/228 ex duration cam. Car is currently running a Quadrajet on an Edelbock Performer intake, 1 5/8" Hedman headers, and HEI ignition. BOP Posi rear w/3.55 gears. Rally Wheels with  235/60R/15 tires. Great site here with a ton of info, thanks for the add!😀

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

Left interior.jpg

Rear.jpg

Under hood.jpg

Nice Monte.... as a 70 you have selected the best year of Monte and as a Blue car it is the best color.  Keep the pictures coming because we love pictures.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.

rob

Hey Joel,

The car still looks great!!  I'm glad I was able to find someone who would take care of it as much as I did.  I'm sure that I found the right person.  Glad you are enjoying it and planning many upgrades.  Keep us up to date on your progress!!

Mike

Welcome aboard from another SJ member!

Where ya from? Any local SJ shows you plan to attend before winter?

Welcome, Joel!  Glad you were able to satisfy your craving for a '70 Monte with such a nice specimen - it's obvious that it has had a lot of time, money and TLC invested in it already!  Looks like it might be factory Astro Blue - exclusive to the '70 model year.  You apparently bought it from another FGMCC member which is also good.  I know about love affairs with '70 Montes and have thoroughly enjoyed the three I've owned off and on over the past 48 years.  Hope you continue to enjoy driving your nice ride and applying your personal touch to it along the way.  Keep us posted on your progress, please.

Dave C,

Took my '58 MGA to this show last year, probably take the Monte Carlo this year. http://uppertownship.com/event/pumpkin-classic-car-show-fall-fest/ 

Mike,

I've enjoyed the car immensely! Brings me back to the days of my '72 Camaro, (one that got away) Hope to see your Packard one day.

IMG_0655.JPG

1972 Camaro- front left.jpg