Anyone put their Monte on a rotisserie?

Got my rear floor and trunk floor in and now going to put it up on the rotisserie. When I bolted up the rear supports to the rear body to frame mount bolt I felt their was not enough support and as I pulled up on the support arm it started to flex the rear brace that runs between the  trunk floor extensions and welds to the floor and tail light panel. I see this done all the time on chevelles and their seems to be no problem....what did you guys do?? Bumper mount holes??

5 hours ago, Monteman1971 said:

The Chevelle infra-structure "tub" is literally the same as the Montes so the mounting points should be the same. You could literally swap the outer sheet metal (including the outer wheel wells) and make whichever car you want.

My 2 cents,

Steve

Yes, this I know for sure since I used a one piece Chevelle trunk floor! What I don't like is when I bolt up the rotisserie arms to that body mount bolt on the cross rail there is only a very short area where the arm rests against the cross rail, and when I lift up on the arm I can feel the cross rail start to flex/give and that nowhere near as much stress it will be under when the weigh of the car is on it. I'm worried about the cross rail collapsing...…

IMG_1132.JPG.035986e1f7e844dda538048c5da0ca53.JPGIMG_1133.JPG.07dad68cd25b02deb9deab5daf03f8d9.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

6 hours ago, rtgz71 said:

IMG_1132.JPG.035986e1f7e844dda538048c5da0ca53.JPGIMG_1133.JPG.07dad68cd25b02deb9deab5daf03f8d9.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

I am not real well versed on this but looking at your pictures it looks to me like the panels you have replaced are just tacked welded in.  Is is possible this could be causing your problem.  From your pictures it looks like you could run a bead of weld all the way across that may give you more strength.  Again, I apologize if I am looking at this wrong.

rob

19 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I am not real well versed on this but looking at your pictures it looks to me like the panels you have replaced are just tacked welded in.  Is is possible this could be causing your problem.  From your pictures it looks like you could run a bead of weld all the way across that may give you more strength.  Again, I apologize if I am looking at this wrong.

rob

Those are plug welds done in the same spots as the factory spot welds, the cross rail bracket and the kick up from the trunk floor to the tail light panel came from an Arizona car (had rust issues). I used the drilled out spot weld holes to help with the alignment. Once its up on the rotisserie I would like to put some stitch welds on the seam, but it's strong in that respect. I made some extra supports today that are under the tail light panel, bolted thru the bumper mounts and welded to the rotisserie arms, seems to make a big difference, no flexing. Of course as I went to mount the front I found the passenger's side firewall mount had a good bit of rust on the bottom of the inside mount hole so as it's this far apart I can't see not fixing it properly.… as the saying goes "are we having fun yet??"