3montes

Hello from Cheyenne

Hello Monte Carlo fans!  Been a Monte Carlo fan since I was a small kid.  My dad had several of the first gens before I could even drive.  He ended up giving me a freshly painted 1970 Monte as a 16th bday gift.  That car got totaled.  Now I have a 1970, number matching big block car.  A 1971 completely original big block car.  Got it from the original owners son.  It had been sitting in his garage since 2008.  Even have the  original fender skirts!  And a 1972 non original small block car that was a daily driver for awhile. 

SSPX0002.jpg

0816181225a.jpg

280984_231009200270854_6906663_o.jpg

Welcome to the club and forums, Pete!  That's a fine stable full of first gen Montes!  There may be a few other lucky members who own a drive-able representative of all three years of the first generation, but I'd say it's pretty unusual - congratulations!  I'm sure each of yours has a unique "personality" - wonder if it is ever difficult to decide which one to drive next?  Enjoy the club and don't be bashful on the forums.

Welcome Pete! Nice looking Montes. Thanks for joining the club and I have also granted you full access to the site

Bob

Pete, Nice looking Tri-Fecta you have there.  One of each year..... SWEET.

Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.

rob

9 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Welcome to the club!! Nice looking Montes....

8 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Welcome! Nice bunch of Monte Carlos you have.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Welcome aboard, now you can't buy another one or you'll have to change your name :rofl:

Thank you!  I have a 6th gen Monte as well.  But I don't consider it in the same class as the 1st gens. But my father is the second owner of this 1973 Monte that I am trying really hard to get from him! Worth a n0706181208a.thumb.jpg.ce6dad4c5efb208e38699cc2e6bf8303.jpg0809171315a.thumb.jpg.4fd2f010b676ff58730f6b022ebaf85d.jpgame change for sure!

7 hours ago, MCfan said:

Welcome to the club and forums, Pete!  That's a fine stable full of first gen Montes!  There may be a few other lucky members who own a drive-able representative of all three years of the first generation, but I'd say it's pretty unusual - congratulations!  I'm sure each of yours has a unique "personality" - wonder if it is ever difficult to decide which one to drive next?  Enjoy the club and don't be bashful on the forums.

Thanks, Dennis!  I didn't plan on having all 3 years.  It just happened....and that is the story my wife hears.  Looks like you have a car I would love to have...that 4 speed.  I passed on one a few years ago and regret it.  As of now I am putting miles on my newest acquisition. the 1971.  My dad went with me  to Colorado to get it about a month ago.  When he saw it, his first response was "Wow, this is one of those 'Barn Finds' you hear about."  And it is. 

3 hours ago, black07ss said:

Welcome Pete! Nice looking Montes. Thanks for joining the club and I have also granted you full access to the site

Bob

Thank you, Bob!

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Pete, Nice looking Tri-Fecta you have there.  One of each year..... SWEET.

Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.

rob

Rob, thanks!  

Pete,

Welcome to the club. I'm down in Loveland, Colo.  with the 72 Yellow Convertible.  I get up to Cheyenne to see in-laws and occasionally the cruz nites.,  Dave 

9 hours ago, 72Ragtop said:

Pete,

Welcome to the club. I'm down in Loveland, Colo.  with the 72 Yellow Convertible.  I get up to Cheyenne to see in-laws and occasionally the cruz nites.,  Dave 

Hey, Dave. 

I would be super interested in seeing that convertible. When are around Cheyenne?  I will be in Fort Collins on the 6th of Nov as well.

I can't make to Ft. Collins on the 6th....I'll be at work...and then whiskey & election coverage.  The weather looked pretty good for Cars & Coffee in Lafeyette  Saturday morning, the 3rd.  Normally well over 500 cars...we'll see.

P1011192.JPG