71’ Seatbelts

mramirez949

So when i got my monte it just had a bunch of seat belts in the trunk and now that i want to put them in i have no idea how they’re supposed to go. it’s a 71 with bench seat. it already has the ones that go on the roof installed so i just need to know how the ones for the front and back seat are supposed to go. i have different colored seat belts and different sizes too so i’m pretty sure they were taken out of other cars (i think the bench too). if you need pics of what i’ve got just lmk. 

Makes things tougher when you have to mix & match!  There should be (2) Lap Belts for the front seat that not only connect the Lap Belt(s) but also has a second slotted hole where you would connect the Shoulder Harness to and would decide for you which location they go.  If you don't have this front seat design on any of the Lap Belts, not sure what to tell ya. :doh:  In which case, I would consider they are for the rear Belts (but just my guess).  All the best on sorting them out.

Doug

Your missing one (male) end for the ft center seat belt. (bench seat only)

You have the DELUXE seat belt package (like my 71) that came with the smaller lap belt buckle for the driver and passenger that are "self adjusting" The remaining use the larger buckle, Left & Right Ft seat shoulder belts and Left, Center & Right rear seat lap belts.

I believe the color change is due to sun fading the material.

I added the MORRIS ft driver and passenger side lap/shoulder belt combination and really like them.

Bruce

i cleaned them up i’m pretty sure one is cream and the other is green lol. the car was originally green so i’m assuming the green ones are the original but i don’t really care what color they are ,right now. so where are the little retractor things supposed to go? and the green ones are alot smaller than the cream ones so yeah idk. i think i’ve got an idea on how the lap ones go since it’s just the retractor thing and the smaller cream buckles. i’ll send a pic of the size difference.

image.jpg

On the floor just inside the doors, (between the door and seat) should be a "stand" with a tapped hole in it on each side. I think it is an an angle. I don't have a picture, sorry.

Bruce

Bruce is correct in both of his posts.  They are definitely considered Deluxe Belts.  The smaller buckles are the driver and passenger front seat  buckles and the small blade portion belts would be used for those bench belts.  All of the larger ones are for the 3 positions in the back, the center position in the front seat and the front Passenger and Driver shoulder belts.

Rob