Parting out my 72 Custom

As some of you may have already heard, I was a victim of “black ice” a few weeks ago while driving my 72 Monte Custom to the local diner on a Sunday morning.  After weighing all of my options and doing a lot of crying it has now become apparent that my Monte cannot be saved without some great expense.  I have decided to part the car out and am offering all of the parts here first before I look elsewhere for buyers.  I have owned the car for about 20 years and have done a lot of work on it to make it like I wanted it.  I am telling you all of this because there are lots of really nice parts on the car that I will be looking to sell.  I have put together a list of some of the more interesting parts that are for sale but basically just about everything that a full car has is available for sale.  Let me know if anyone is interested in what I have listed or maybe something that I did not think of and we can go from there.  Please feel free to make “reasonable” offers on anything.  I will not be insulted.

• SOLD - Complete Power Window Setup - Darren in Alberta Canada

• Extra (4) Power Window Regulators and Motors (Complete set)

• Both Front fenders in excellent condition (were NOS when put on the car)

• SOLD - 2” Cowl Induction Hood – includes latch, rebuilt hinges, springs – Will bolt right on any 1st Gen Monte - WIllie

• Could sell entire front clip if interested or anything else in the front clip not yet mentioned

• Like radiator support, fender extensions, grill, bumper, etc.

• Perfect driver side door

• Perfect trunk lid

• SOLD - Original complete set of black Deluxe Seat Belts (including rear seat buckle holders) - Very nice - Tom

• No rusted buckles, no frayed belts

• 12 bolt rear with trailing arms (3.31 open)

• SOLD - Floor Shift Tilt Column (black) - Paul

• SOLD - 4 Spoke Steering Wheel - Jim

• SOLD - Bucket Seats – complete black – New Legendary covers, American Cushion Foams (cost $500) - Jim

• SOLD - Black 4 speed console with seat belt pockets and brand new top plate - Jim

• SOLD - Painted Sport Mirror – complete with correct gasket, bezel, etc. - Tom

• Complete factory black dash with factory gauges (work perfectly)

• Replaced the Speedo in past year (only 300 miles on it)

• Has rear defogger

• Has fiber optic ash tray

• SOLD - Excellent factory black stereo dash pad - Rod

• Very nice original Black Door Panels (Front and Rear)

• SOLD - Map Light Mirror - Tom

• Rear defogger and wiring harness

• SOLD - “Custom” and “Monte Carlo” sail panel emblems - Jace

• Front “SS” Sway bar, bushings and brackets

• Original jack and nice cover

• SOLD - Hedman Ceramic Coated Headers (500-68296) SBC - Cost today over $500

• SOLD - Complete working AC system (Still connected) - Willie

• SOLD - Glass items (driver side door glass, new windshield, rear window) - Willie

• Tail Light extensions

• Hundreds of other miscellaneous parts

I could also sell the car as is if interested.  I am located in the Allentown/Bethlehem PA area and my email address is packard36@juno.com.

Thanks!!

Mike

8 hours ago, 72 Monte Carlo said:

Sorry to hear this Mike. Maybe you can find another Monte to fill the void.

Is the dash pad for twin speakers up front? How much for it and the Painted Sport Mirror? How much for the map light mirror?

Doug

Doug, he did say the dash pad is a stereo.  It was a factory AC car so it would have the two outboard speakers for the dash pad

rob

9 hours ago, 72 Monte Carlo said:

Thanks Rob!

I'm still learning each day about our 1st gen Monte's.

Doug,

We are all still learning, I bought a 70 Monte new off the dealers lot and owned it for over 10 years and have owned my current 70 since 2000 and am still learning.

rob

Hey Everyone,

I would like to start off by apologizing to everyone who has been sending me emails on my parts for sale. I have been trying constantly to gain access to the website but can't seem to connect in.  So my replies have not been up to my normal timely standards.  This morning has been the first time I was able to connect in a day or so.  I will try to catch up as quickly as possible and answer all of your email to me.

I would encourage everyone to email me directly as "packard36@juno.com" until the website issues are corrected.  When you email me be sure to let me know who you are since some of your email addresses are not your real names (like mine).  You may want to also include your FGMCC username in the email for the same reason.  For example:

My real name: Mike Brichta

FGMCC Username: Mike Brichta

Email Address: packard36@juno.com

Also, I will be trying to update the list of parts at the beginning of this post to let everyone know which parts have been sold and which have not.

Thanks!!
Mike

OK. As of right now (Saturday 12/15 at 6:08 AM EST) I should be caught up on returning any emails.

If I missed anyone please email me directly at "packard36@juno.com".

Thanks and sorry for the delay in responses!!
Mike

Sorry for your loss.

If you could post which parts have already sold, it will cut down on the number of emails you will get. It would also help all of us to know what is no longer available. In the end you will sell more parts with less time and energy spent on it. Posting prices would also cut down on the no so serious emails, but would increase the number of serious emails, which would lead to more sales in less time.

Good luck with the sales.

Hey Guys,

I have been updating the list of available parts vs sold parts on the list which is at the front of this post.  Please check there for the latest status.

I have also been answering the emails first come, first serve.  Sorry for the website issues.  I am having the same problem.

If you don't see it listed just ask.

Thanks!!
Mike

Just in case anyone sees that I sent Mike an email about the hood, I have decided to not go this route due to some other planned projects.  Didn’t want anyone worried about stepping on my toes! Although I do appreciate that about this club, the stand up people 

44 minutes ago, 7tonemonte said:

Just in case anyone sees that I sent Mike an email about the hood, I have decided to not go this route due to some other planned projects.  Didn’t want anyone worried about stepping on my toes! Although I do appreciate that about this club, the stand up people 

Come on Tony, you were just worried about the cost of shipping the hood the 67 miles..... but of then again you could have just driven up there to pick it up.  Good of you to let everyone know you are not interested.

rob

8 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Come on Tony, you were just worried about the cost of shipping the hood the 67 miles..... but of then again you could have just driven up there to pick it up.  Good of you to let everyone know you are not interested.

rob

Rob, I would have just drove there with no hood on the Monte, bolted it up, and came home!  Lol

• 1 year later...

do you have the Heater/AC fan motor switch ?

The assembly with all controls direction leavers switch etc is ok also?

Brent Graham... my car is a 72 6.6 L Monte Carlo

My E Mail  somedays@nb.sympatico.ca

Cell # 1 506 435 1286

waiting for a answer and or price

Thanks

7 hours ago, Brent Graham said:

do you have the Heater/AC fan motor switch ?

The assembly with all controls direction leavers switch etc is ok also?

Brent Graham... my car is a 72 6.6 L Monte Carlo

My E Mail  somedays@nb.sympatico.ca

Cell # 1 506 435 1286

waiting for a answer and or price

Thanks

Is this what you are looking for?  The parts place has these:

https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/product/1972/1972-chevrolet-monte-carlo-blower-motor-switch-with-a-c-gm-6273383/93074

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...