SS Hockey Sticks

Jared Richey

I'm putting the call out again for a set of preferably used SS 71 rear hockey sticks. I want to put these in the hands of a few people in this area who have the equipment to make something like this.

I currently have them on one of my cars but as any that is familiar would know it's an act of Congress to take them off. I do not want to be responsible for any NOS ones... Prefer a used set to use. I would be willing to buy a set if the price is right... Or buy them with the agreement that when I'm done with them you can buy them back for the same amount.

The "hockey sticks" are on a 71 SS car. They are on the back tail panel, on the end caps above the normal trim pieces. The panel is then blacked out between the trim. They look like the lower end cap trim only bent with a tighter curve and are held on with a nut on a stud opposed to screws for the lower pieces. Actually they look like this, off the car.....IMG_20180826_115504.thumb.jpg.8483f5712222e6a13d5c40b489258922.jpgIMG_20180826_115540.thumb.jpg.7a761188d62fbcf082be76b669d15dbd.jpg

IMG_20180826_115520.jpg

IMG_1121.JPG

On 1/6/2019 at 11:22 AM, 1970mcss said:

I talked to someone at the Parts Place and they were going to have there supplier manufactor the upper mouldings but I don't see them listed

Can you call whoever you talked to and verify? If there going to mass produce that would be good. Hopefully they make them out of stainless.

Jared, I think it has Joe the owner. He was going to figure out the measurement of the stud location and talk to the people that produce the lower mouldings. I have a 70 so Never followed up. You might want to call them and ask. Good luck and keep us posted...

Not a flip copy. Look at the pics I posted. Especially of the pair. They are left and right specific and have different part numbers for each. Also hard to see but the studs on the back are in slightly different locations .

My response from the parts place...

We currently are in the process of making them, please contact us back again on the matter in a few weeks and we may have an update.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have not heard back it's been a few months so I need to send another email. if it's like other new parts it always takes three times as long. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...