SS Hockey Sticks

Jared Richey

Tape would work for awhile but ,,, would rather have them more secure... these are fairly heavy to be  so small... ....will have to see which end shorter and do a little compensating .. I think it’s the side toward the trunk ,compairing it to the original one... thanks guys...

2 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Tape would work for awhile but ,,, would rather have them more secure... these are fairly heavy to be  so small... ....will have to see which end shorter and do a little compensating .. I think it’s the side toward the trunk ,compairing it to the original one... thanks guys...

Ripleydale is certainly correct, the trunk side is shorter , so that will need to be compensated for before marking for holes...

54 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Other than drilling new holes, cut off the studs on the new trim pieces and double adhesive tape them on. Pretty much the only 2 choices. 🤔

Thomas, 

That may be one possible solution but I would be afraid the double sided tape would not last if exposed to any water.  If I had them and an original SS  I may consider cutting the studs off, holding them against the original holes and marking the proper placement on the back of the hockey sticks with a sharpie and then using some JB Weld to reattach the studs.  JB Weld is a very good adhesive that I feel would make a more permanent repair to attach the studs to the sticks.........as long as you don't tighten them too much.

Just a thought.  of course, if it is true that they are a little too sort they still may not look right.

rob

• Like 2

On my modified ss I went ahead and drilled . Was a careful measurement.. they fit pretty snug and look good. As you can see from the following photos, the replacements that I got AE1A47CB-3840-4787-90C2-B0E76BE74322.thumb.jpeg.d351b0dccad96d37c9c2a0aef4bc45d3.jpeg61BC4D96-DBE1-49A8-A847-D6F80AB3E50A.thumb.jpeg.734d1a5e43c9ee49c10e3036072350b0.jpegfrom the parts place are slightly shorter on both ends .. when installing.- couldn’t go too far toward trunk or curve wouldn’t fit.. btw. The curve on the replacements are same as original.. also included a pix after installing left side ..Ron.. 

39DF3523-B16D-45F0-B5C8-85CEB064D5A2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Searsman said:

On my modified ss I went ahead and drilled . Was a careful measurement.. they fit pretty snug and look good. As you can see from the following photos, the replacements that I got AE1A47CB-3840-4787-90C2-B0E76BE74322.thumb.jpeg.d351b0dccad96d37c9c2a0aef4bc45d3.jpeg61BC4D96-DBE1-49A8-A847-D6F80AB3E50A.thumb.jpeg.734d1a5e43c9ee49c10e3036072350b0.jpegfrom the parts place are slightly shorter on both ends .. when installing.- couldn’t go too far toward trunk or curve wouldn’t fit.. btw. The curve on the replacements are same as original.. also included a pix after installing left side ..Ron.. 

39DF3523-B16D-45F0-B5C8-85CEB064D5A2.jpeg

Tools used to remove and install sticks without bumper removal.. 

8D473DC6-4F54-4D95-B2CA-24CF2F2420A1.jpeg

• Like 1

I would find the shortness to be upsetting.

Now I will be looking for the aftermarket SHORT sticks on every SS and SS clone that I see.

I believe that I would pay the difference for the originals , or have some custom made .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Boyte said:

I would find the shortness to be upsetting.

Now I will be looking for the aftermarket SHORT sticks on every SS and SS clone that I see.

I believe that I would pay the difference for the originals , or have some custom made .

Actually they arnt  that noticeable.. would be great to find a set of original that someone wanted to sell , for a reasonable price.. these are much better than the original that were on mine for 49 years.. but if better ones come out , I’ll get those.. also, I’m sure there are clone fake SS s out there but they are quite easy to detect in others ways ... Ron...

It is very hard to believe that after 50 years later that they can not reproduce this stuff more accurately. If you can tell it from an original, then what is the use of reproducing it? A piece that does not look original is not worth very much at all to me. Pretty much worthless. What a shame. Wait all this time for a poor reproduction that can easily be spotted as fake.☹️

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RealRed70 said:

It is very hard to believe that after 50 years later that they can not reproduce this stuff more accurately. If you can tell it from an original, then what is the use of reproducing it? A piece that does not look original is not worth very much at all to me. Pretty much worthless. What a shame. Wait all this time for a poor reproduction that can easily be spotted as fake.☹️

I think they were provided with old originals to match as stated in this forum previous , but it also states they may have not been able to copy identical due to something or other.. anyway They  do look good and not as noticeable as you

might think. Unless to a trained eye of course .. I’m happy with them until something better comes along or I get the originals redone.. same as with vents on dash are different than originals.. other parts as well.. Ron ... 

On 12/18/2019 at 10:28 AM, Searsman said:

Actually they arnt  that noticeable.. would be great to find a set of original that someone wanted to sell , for a reasonable price.. these are much better than the original that were on mine for 49 years.. but if better ones come out , I’ll get those.. also, I’m sure there are clone fake SS s out there but they are quite easy to detect in others ways ... Ron...

My reasonable price for nos originals was $750

I am going to start parting out a 1971 SS454 Monte, I have all the SS mouldings and emblems for the rear of the car. I would like to sell all the parts together including the hockey sticks with taillight housings, that way no guessing where to drill holes. Also including the 2 mouldings across the tail panel and The SS and Monte Carlo emblems.I know these are very hard to find but for the price what would be a fair price for both buyer and seller. Opinions appreciated.

I also have the bumper with the pad on it in pretty good shape.  Sorry but the car is very dirty from the 4 hour transport of the car home in the snow. The parts are in good original condition for being almost 50 years old.

The car was hit on the passenger side and engine is long gone.

20191223_124109_resized.jpg

20191223_131439_resized.jpg

tttttttttt (2).png

20191223_131405_resized_1.jpg

• Sad 1

It would be hard for anyone to give you an honest price for what your parts are worth. The parts are too dirty and the pictures are very poor. They do not show any details of the parts. Anyone throwing a number out would just be guessing. You need to clean these parts up and get detailed pictures showing how nice they are and also showing any flaws.This will get you the number that would be fair to the seller and the buyer.

• Like 1