New Guy Here

jft69z

Sort of looks like a car again.

Lot of little things to line up and tweak, plus still need to mount the passenger mirror & door panels, but at least most of the parts are in one place finally.

20201019_223445.jpg

20201019_223429.jpg

• Like 7

I'll have to agree, its looking sweet. And like Sammy said, even tho at times the updates have been a tad bit painful I have enjoyed following the build. Can't wait to see it outside on the road. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DragCat said:

And like Sammy said, even tho at times the updates have been a tad bit painful I have enjoyed following the build. 

Thanks again guys!

Mark, I won't even tell you about yesterday's debacle, but it was another case of "I hate this car".

Thanks Dennis!

I tied up a few loose ends today and took it for a spin around the neighborhood. Damn thing runs pretty good. Fuel Injection runs pretty decent, considering no real tuning, transmission shifts real quick and firm with the initial tune. I'll hook up a laptop next time and check for the lockup converter, etc.

Just had the driveway sealed last month, but this thing just wants to smoke the tires with the LS6 & 4.10 gears. Ughhh...self restraint 😁

20201020_162655.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I love the stance and the chrome/stainless looks awesome. As does the rest of the car. Are you feeling a little better now?

Thank you! I still need to put the upper drip rail molding on too.

I'm just waiting for it to catch fire or something, lol (I did put a large fire extinguisher in the back seat before taking off).

Front tires are too small, I'm going to order a set a little taller, to fill the wheel well a little better. For the most part, it's just factory spec big block springs front & rear though.

Looks sweet for sure, since your ordering new front tires better order another set of rears since your already heavy on the pedal .

Maybe its the angle of the pic, but I like the stance. Again, looks sweet 

I actually do have one of those FGMCC club plates! Thanks again guys. It's been a long road.

There's still a little time to drive it around and get some tuning done. Had to run the furnace yesterday for the first time though...😞

The goal is to get it to the mini-meet at Carlisle next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

There's still a little time to drive it around and get some tuning done. Had to run the furnace yesterday for the first time though...😞

The goal is to get it to the mini-meet at Carlisle next year. 

:B wow I've had my furnace on for almost a month now. I hate the cold. I think I live in the wrong part of the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobRob said:

Looks great! 

Thank you!

41 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:B wow I've had my furnace on for almost a month now. I hate the cold. I think I live in the wrong part of the country.

I'm just stubborn. I refuse to put the furnace on the same week the A/C was on. Stretched it out a bit, but when the house got to 65 in the morning, I broke down.

We definitely live in the wrong part of the country though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jft69z said:

Thank you!

I'm just stubborn. I refuse to put the furnace on the same week the A/C was on. Stretched it out a bit, but when the house got to 65 in the morning, I broke down.

We definitely live in the wrong part of the country though.

Ya but look st the bright side. You get to run the ac a lot less than some of us. My woman has a 2 degree temperature variance between heat and a/c. Get to open the windows probably a total of two days a year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dtret said:

My woman has a 2 degree temperature variance between heat and a/c. 

I tell mine to put a sweater on, lol

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I tell mine to put a sweater on, lol

She goes from short sleeve to sweatshirt and that’s how I even get 2 degrees but I cannot say anything cause she pays the bill 

• Haha 1

When we were in Montana in August we actually did need ac in the daytime and the heat in the morning in our camper to get the chill out. In Utah it was pretty warm where we were then went up to the top of some mountain and was 30 degrees cooler up there. But was a great trip for sure. Idaho was just plain hot while we were there 90+ every day.

• Like 1