New Guy Here

jft69z

51 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Thanks Steve!

Yeah, I was there to drop off my interior bits a couple of years ago, and then again months (maybe 8 or 9 months) later to pick up the completed stuff. I only live about 70 or 80  minutes from there, so it saved the shipping costs. 

Yea they are about an hour or so from me too.

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Joe, Congrats on the Calendar win.... I guess with the December selection you will have to park it outside on a very snowy day so you can get picture of it snow covered with a X-mas tree on the roof.

rob

Thanks Rob!

No Snow!!!!  I don't even want to think about that.

1 minute ago, willie said:

No Rob, he will put all the other cars outside in the white stuff and the Monte gets to show off in the garage all by Herself!!!    LOL

I’ll bet he will just hibernate except for work. Lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sbarnette said:

That’s awesome Joe! December is my birthday month, and out of all those nice cars yours is the one I would have picked! 👍

Thanks Sammy! There are some pretty nice cars in there for sure though.

44 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Joe you get to put the plow on the truck and play with the snowblower, what’s more fun then that. Lol. 

Nah, it was fun the first couple of times. The novelty wears off REAL quickly after that.

41 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’ll bet he will just hibernate except for work. Lol

I sure hope so, I'm getting tired.

46 minutes ago, willie said:

No Rob, he will put all the other cars outside in the white stuff and the Monte gets to show off in the garage all by Herself!!!    LOL

They're all in there huddled together for warmth, lol. Getting a C7 corvette in there to hibernate tomorrow too.

Today was a good day to sniff some paint fumes. Can't really pull more frame parts off until I get the transmission, so I can see how it fits as far as shifter hole, hydraulic clutch parts etc. May pull the gas tank and fuel lines off & gut the interior soon though. 

The snowball is getting bigger by the day..

20211108_132546.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Looks great. Spending the day in the garage is wonderful (?). Lol

It was over 60 degrees and sunny outside. I did manage to shovel and wheel barrow the rest of the stone left over from the building job, that was in the middle of the driveway though. That was 'fun' too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Your favorite part of the job Dennis, dash work!

20211114_151350.jpg

O ya that sucks. But I’m thinking the camaro dash is a little easier. Just more little things. It looks like you got it set up good in a previous life to be more plug and play. Still sucks though. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

O ya that sucks. But I’m thinking the camaro dash is a little easier. Just more little things. It looks like you got it set up good in a previous life to be more plug and play. Still sucks though. 

I'd rather pull the Monte dash to be honest.

Most of that stuff will be removed and replaced with a new harness, ECM, Dakota Digital module, ECM comm. module, etc. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Double yuk on that dash Joe. Good Luck with that spaghetti.   AHHH my money is on you, i seen your work!!!!  🙂

Thanks Willie!

I actually like that stuff, figuring out how to wire all the new stuff up so it plays nice. If & when it does work, makes it all worth it in the end.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

I see the helpers are taking a liking to your new project! Like the room you have now.

The neighbor got a new chair delivered Saturday, asked if I wanted the old one. Looks like they claimed it already. They still like the old one though.

20211120_153104.jpg

20211124_125521.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DragCat said:

looking good Joe, I'm enjoying the progress. I still haven't closed the pool on frame off YET, but the odd's aren't good. 

Thanks Mark.

I'm pretty sure the subframe will be coming off to get repainted, and probably the bottom side of the floor pans. The firewall section still looks good, as well as most of the sheetmetal of the engine compartment/front clip. I'm not planning to take that apart, it's lined up too good to take it all apart. Plus, the RS hideaway lights are a real joy to get lined up and shimmed so they look good, I don't even want to go there. I may do a little touchup work in there, but that'll be all.

Glad you like it Joe!!!   It doesn't look like fun for me.  Alot more did fall off since i seen it last.   OOHHH BOOYYY!!!

The helpers look like they are ready to help. They are getting big now!!

I also see that end table is missing something, and i dont mean the glass top.    LOL

Carry on Mr Joe!!!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Doesn't look like much, but spent the last few weeks making up the fuel and brake lines for the entire car from scratch. Couple hours here, few more there, etc. Brake lines needed to be re-done to mate with the new Wilwood master cylinder & adjustable proportioning valve combo, for the new 4 wheel disc brakes.

Also hand made the fuel regulator bracket and fuel/vacuum lines for it out of stainless tubing. Once the engine comes out, it'll get cleaned & painted to freshen it up a little.

Next is to start laying out the new wiring & EFI harness locations & modifications to tailor it to my needs.

Still waiting on the Tremec 5 speed before I can pull the engine & subframe out for clean/paint.

20211224_052455.jpg

20211209_165323.jpg

20211209_165250.jpg

20211209_165406.jpg

• Like 2