New Guy Here

jft69z

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

Progress is a good thing 

Thanks Tom & Mark!

Slow and steady, but it seems like I just don't have the motivation like I did with the Monte. Burned out a little maybe with the Monte, then the new building, now this. Still needs to be done before July 1, in case I need to make parts at work, lol.

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Awesome work. I get the motivation thing. You’re going to get it done. No worries. And just to pile on, don’t forget the hot tub coming in the dead middle of winter. 

Thanks Dennis. Yeah, I'm usually good about getting stuff done with deadlines, lol. Like we talked about, the hot tub will come just in time for a 'Lake Effect' snow storm that'll blow in that day, no doubt about that.

57 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

All of a sudden motivation will strike and you will be on it with much progress.... lovin the shiny new parts going on

rob

Thanks Rob.

Semi-Chrome metal polish works wonders on aluminum and stainless. Fine grits of sandpaper, then the polish, works good.

Ditto what's been said on motivation, sometime I walk out into the garage, look at the car and say, not today and go back inside lol. Waiting on big parts sux, sort of throws a wrench in the plan you have in your mind. 

You'll get it done, we've all seen your work when you get on a roll 

• Like 2

Thanks Mark. I do the same, go out there, look around, get on the computer & order a part or two, then go back in the house, lol. Did that last night in fact. Luckily a buddy stopped by the shop for a bit to ensure I didn't get anything done.

Just got an email about the trans, not very encouraging. Still plenty for me to do in the mean time though. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

That’s cool as he..  photoshopped your car. Very nice. 

Love your new shop clock, now while you are out in the new garage you will be able look at that beautiful car on the clock to get motivation on other projects.

rob

2 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Love your new shop clock, now while you are out in the new garage you will be able look at that beautiful car on the clock to get motivation on other projects.

rob

It may take more than this clock to get some motivation, lol.

4 minutes ago, jft69z said:

It may take more than this clock to get some motivation, lol.

I guess if us busting your bals     chops isn't enough to get you motivated nothing will.

rob

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Not a whole lot has happened to the Z/28 since the last post. Did manage to get the interior floors & trunk covered with DynaMat. Still need to do a few more areas, but that'll take a day, at best.

Also managed to strip the original undercoating from the bottom, and ended up stripping all the paint off the entire floor pans. Couldn't do all of it until the trans gets here to see how everything fits, then the subframe and engine will come out to be painted.  Snowballing .....

The good news is I finally got word that the Tremec TKO transmission, hydraulic clutch setup, crossmember and assorted other bits are scheduled to ship next week. It's been on order since mid-September of last year. Same old story, covid, parts, manpower at the Tremec factory.

20220228_163806.jpg

20220228_163656.jpg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Great news on the transmission and add ons. Should be ready to drive a week or two after they get there. Lol. Dynamat look great. It’s screwing with my eyes though. 🤪

Yeah, it's a pain to find tools and stuff when working in there. I had to wrap yellow tape on the scissors to find them when laying that stuff down. I'll lay a blanket or something down when I start wiring.

I wasted a bunch of time. I could have started on the wiring, just didn't feel like doing it lately. Not likely it'll get done before I retire in 4 months (who's counting?), but maybe I'll get a burst of motivation after the parts get here. Not looking good though, lol

Dennis i think Joe is slacking about the Z!!!   When he puts "just didnt feel like it, 4 months left to retire". I think he is enjoying that hot tub waaaayyy to much!!! 

I cant blame him one bit and i am jealous as HE##!!!!   ENJOY Joe!!!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis i think Joe is slacking about the Z!!!   When he puts "just didnt feel like it, 4 months left to retire". I think he is enjoying that hot tub waaaayyy to much!!! 

There's a lot of truth to that statement, lol!

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter. Retired or not. You’ll just have to get a little more ingenious on fabricating parts ( with out the “shop”). There is no rush. But at least when you’re sitting in the hot tub you can just pretend you’re making a plan of action. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the transmission came today, that's the good news. The FedEx truck ripped the cable off the pole, so no internet or TV til Sunday maybe. Supposed to be another winter storm too.

It's always something....

Maybe I'll get more done, who knows. Ehh, who am I kidding,  doubtful.😁

20220311_143750.jpg

20220311_143821.jpg

16470290355516096848079892294957.jpg

1647029081783385614891154702883.jpg

14 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Joe, Always good to see your keeping our auto economy up and running. The Camaro is coming along nicely.post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jim.

23 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Finally!!!!  Is it in the car yet?  Lol. But you have to work on it now. No tv or internet. You can pretend it is actually 69. Lol

Funny stuff, lol.

Luckily, I put a HD antenna in the shop attic a few years ago and ran it into the house as well. I tied it into the living room tv this afternoon. Only problem will be I have to stay awake tonight to watch my shows on CBS (no DVR to record them).

Snowing like hell already, I'll be moving snow around tomorrow too. Not happy.

Staying awake should not be a problem for you. Being able to stay awake for a full show may be something different. I took the car out today for a cruise. 60 degrees. Tomorrow. 5 inches of snow and 25 degrees. 

12 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Staying awake should not be a problem for you. Being able to stay awake for a full show may be something different. I took the car out today for a cruise. 60 degrees. Tomorrow. 5 inches of snow and 25 degrees. 

At least with the dvr, I can rewind the show back to the spots I fell asleep at.

Glad you got to drive the car today.  Sounds like you're getting the same storm system as us, it's getting old... Clocks change tomorrow night, at least we're getting closer.

Supposed to be in the 60's by mid-week.... goofy weather.

• Like 1