New Guy Here

jft69z

Looked again at dynomax mufflers Tom. I see the one you liked, but it's a straight thru, may be too loud. I saw they had a 'Turbo' one, but after a little research, this is one of the mufflers I looked at before that has a really necked down inside pipe. Some reviews said between 2 & 2.5".

Too bad, this may have been a good replacement for the old 2.5" mufflers on the car now.  Pretty inexpensive though from Amazon, cheap enough to order, see how they look & send back if they're really that small inside...

• Like 1

Got the Wilwood front brakes all assembled, and shimmed up properly. Steering gear & linkage loosely assembled, power brake booster, master cylinder, adjustable prop valve, brake lines, and the engine set back in the frame...for now. I seemed to recall that driver side header wouldn't go in place with the steering box installed....well, that's still the case 😁.

It'll probably be easier at this point to just lift the motor back out a bit & slip that header back in. First, I'll have to drill them and put the oxygen sensor bung in the collectors. Sounds like a job for tomorrow at this point.

20220521_135304.jpg

20220521_203328.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

Very nice. Sucks on the headers but much easier at this point. 

Thanks!

I've had the header in & out at least a dozen times during mock up, but the steering box was out the entire time. Once I set that in place today, I sort of remembered what the deal was with that. No biggie.

I won't put the gasket on 'til the end though, lol. The Monte's driver side header was in and out a few times during that build. 😣

32 minutes ago, Glen said:

Like a work of art, Joe. You’ll be melting tires before you know it. 

Thanks Glen, plenty of work still left to do though.

Just got done drilling some big holes in real expensive headers a few minutes ago. I'll weld the bungs on tomorrow. 

Got the O2 sensor bungs welded up, lifted the engine back up, left side header set in place, clutch and scatter shield installed yesterday. Made the mistake of sitting in the Lazy-Boy after dinner. Went back out there 3 hours later to lock up the shop, lol. 

Planning to get the transmission in place, maybe hook up the hydraulic throw out bearing, and then whatever else I get distracted with to assemble.

20220522_123711.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

The lazy boy trap 🤣🤣

Oh yeah, ranks right up there with the hot tub trap. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dtret said:

For me it’s just the lazy trap. 

Lol, for me it was the avoidance trap today. I've done just about anything else to not work on the car. Finally got to it around 4 pm, which means dinner soon & then the Lazy-boy calling my name 😁

6 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Lol, for me it was the avoidance trap today. I've done just about anything else to not work on the car. Finally got to it around 4 pm, which means dinner soon & then the Lazy-boy calling my name 😁

Apparently not working on car if you’re typing on the computer. Lol. I get it. I worked late today so I didn’t have to spread mulch. Now it rained a little and I can’t drive the tractor on wet grass. Lol. It will leave ruts. ( shhh that’s what I told her). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Joe, sorry I Jawed with you on the phone and kept you from what you really wanted to do such as sitting in the lazy-boy or hot tub. But you did tell me you we trying to avoid working on the Camaro so I helped you I some way.

rob

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2022 at 4:49 PM, Dtret said:

Apparently not working on car if you’re typing on the computer. Lol.

Yep, still avoiding the car. The transmission is on the jack, almost ready to slip into place, but I'm getting hungry, lol

On 5/23/2022 at 4:55 PM, Rob Peters said:

Joe, sorry I Jawed with you on the phone and kept you from what you really wanted to do such as sitting in the lazy-boy or hot tub. But you did tell me you we trying to avoid working on the Camaro so I helped you I some way.

rob

It was much better talking to you than working on anything here, lol.

27 minutes ago, Dtret said:

So much for an early dinner. Great work. 

Thanks!

Just finished eating,  going to walk right past that chair and head into the shop 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Thanks!

Just finished eating,  going to walk right past that chair and head into the shop 😁

Did you make it? To the shop that is. Lol. 

35 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I'm Impressed

rob

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Did you make it? To the shop that is. Lol. 

Oh yeah, I'm out here. Trying to get the front stabilizer bar in place....and slowly disassembling the car to get it in. It's like a Chinese puzzle, and I'm not smart enough to figure it out, lol.

EDIT: So, if you remove the right brake caliper/rotor, harmonic balancer & left lower control arm rubber bumper, the stabilizer bar will slide in place. I hate working on cars....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I'm out here. Trying to get the front stabilizer bar in place....and slowly disassembling the car to get it in. It's like a Chinese puzzle, and I'm not smart enough to figure it out, lol.

EDIT: So, if you remove the right brake caliper/rotor, harmonic balancer & left lower control arm rubber bumper, the stabilizer bar will slide in place. I hate working on cars....

If  it was easy everyone would do it, keep at it you'll get it 👍

• Like 1

Joe, I know other people are thinking it so i will just say it. For someone who hates working on cars you do a fantastic job making them look great and go fast!!   Love your work!!! Wish i had half your ability.

• Like 2