New Guy Here

jft69z

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I'd have no issue dropping my ride off at Joe's. The downside for me would be the phone calls / texts with [censored] were you thinking.....or him forming an intervention to take away the keys to the tool box 🤣

I agree. I would be to embarrassed to bring him my car ( or cars for that matter). It would probably be ok face to face, or by phone, but all the marbles in his head would fall out from shaking it do much ( when we’re not around). 🤔🤔🤔🤬🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I agree. I would be to embarrassed to bring him my car ( or cars for that matter). It would probably be ok face to face, or by phone, but all the marbles in his head would fall out from shaking it do much ( when we’re not around). 🤔🤔🤔🤬🤬

LOL...the phone call would probably go something like this, "uhhhh, Dennis,...... do you happen to have fire insurance on that car?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jft69z said:

LOL...the phone call would probably go something like this, "uhhhh, Dennis,...... do you happen to have fire insurance on that car?"

My question then would be….  “ do you have a place to burn it?”  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dtret said:

As an alternative, we could have Doug just dig a hole. That way if we ever need parts we know where it is. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dtret said:

You misunderstood........it would already be torched...."oops"     :devil:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jft69z said:

You misunderstood........it would already be torched...."oops"     :devil:

Well that’s ok. It would mean less sanding because the paint would be gone. We’d be down to good (?) metal, might be a little warpage though. Lol. 

Joe you amaze me on your work. All your cars are A1!!!   Its a shame you live at one end of NY while i am at the other tip. Not sure how you decipher what wires go where in all that spaghetti, but you always get her done. Hats off to you and she (the latest one) looks Great!!!

As far as the phone call with Dennis, it would most likely go more like "Hello Dennis, hold on while i get my extinguisher, on second thought never mind! Goodbye!!!"  

Dennis, why does Doug have to dig the hole??

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Joe you amaze me on your work. All your cars are A1!!!   Its a shame you live at one end of NY while i am at the other tip. Not sure how you decipher what wires go where in all that spaghetti, but you always get her done. Hats off to you and she (the latest one) looks Great!!!

As far as the phone call with Dennis, it would most likely go more like "Hello Dennis, hold on while i get my extinguisher, on second thought never mind! Goodbye!!!"  

Cuz he has the equipment and he won’t charge Joe much to make it disappear. lol 

• Like 1

Remember by the time I load this up and haul it to Joe it’s just going to be the body. He said he’d be more than happy to do all my metal work and get it in primer. I think I may be telling a little fib there. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, willie said:

Thank you again Willie & it is a shame we all live so far away!

The car would be a bunch of ashes when I make the call....no need for a water hose..

Doug's son (in addition to working with me at the power plant) has a lot of heavy equipment, they dig house foundations, septic tanks, etc. They did the site work for me when the new building went up in the back. They do great work.

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Remember by the time I load this up and haul it to Joe it’s just going to be the body. He said he’d be more than happy to do all my metal work and get it in primer. I think I may be telling a little fib there. Lol. 

Little fib?  OK Pinocchio....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little busy, got the brakes bled and a few minor details. Decided to add a vacuum pump for the brakes like the Monte since everything is open right now. Had hoped to keep the old yellow reservoir tank too, there's just no good place to put it.

Had to make a plate to mount it to the firewall in place of the old canister. Also ordered some rubber vibration isolators to maybe help keep it quiet. Also made a little harness with a Weatherpack connector to feed power to it. It'll fit good in that spot and be hidden out of view.

20220607_175907.jpg

20220607_174145.jpg

20220607_175841.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dtret said:

That’s a great spot for it. Hopefully you never have to replace it.

You're right about that, the wheelwell would have to be removed to get to it on this car. No other good place to put it really.

Same spot on the monte, except I mounted it on the diagonal metal fender brace rod on that car. Still not easy to get to, but can be done from the bottom if needed.

15 minutes ago, jft69z said:

You're right about that, the wheelwell would have to be removed to get to it on this car. No other good place to put it really.

Put it under the driver's seat, imagine the thrill you would get every time it kicked on

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Put it under the driver's seat, imagine the thrill you would get every time it kicked on

rob

Like a vibrating chair, lol. Might just sit there parked, stepping on the brake pedal all day 🤩. "Sorry officer, I must have left my pants at home"....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So would you nickname it “ Lazy Boy Camaro “ ?  Put a screen in it , have the remote and a V8. Heck you may as well rent out the house and live in the car. It would add to the retirement income and keep you off puppy chow for a little longer. Lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

Ours is mounted towards the front of the drivers side fender well  .   With the .740 solid lift full roller setup, we have no vacuum 

This car is also a Rally Sport, so there's the factory canister in that spot for the headlight doors. Passenger side has the Nova style coolant over flow bottle.

I tried on top of the wheel well too, no luck there either.

36 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

You may have to consider the trunk area

Nah, too far. The vacuum pump alone should supply it just fine.

I did manage to push the yellow canister up even further on the wheel well last night though. It 'should' be ok according to my measurements, but I was also the kid who put the square peg in the round hole in kindergarten too :party:. (bigger hammer made it fit)

canister.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Leghome said:

paint it semi gloss black and it can go anywhere as the black helps hide a lot of our mods where that yellow will stick out like a sore thimb

It was always buried under the fender, that's why I never painted it before.

I don't like things out in the open, and go thru great lengths to hide anything I can when building the cars. Things like MSD modules, ECM's, stereo equipment, Dakota Digital modules, canisters like this, electric vacuum pumps, alarm modules,  remote power lock modules, etc., all get hidden whenever possible. If I have to modify or make a wiring harness, mounting brackets, or plumbing to get it hidden, so be it.

• Like 3

Got a little side tracked....

Someone we go to the cruise nights with recently had a shop turn his car away for a repair. He's older and lives off a social security check only and can't afford to junk the car & get a new one. Apparently it's a common failure with Ford Escapes, the rear wheelhouse/shock tower rots away and the shock just flops in the breeze.

I got it at least cut out & roughed in before coming back into work tonight. 4 more working nights 'til retirement. Good thing he brought it now, I'll be in the sheetmetal shop tonight making some parts, lol.

Maybe I'll get a few good karma points for doing this sh*t job...

20220612_131205.jpg

20220612_132155.jpg20220612_140938.jpg20220612_140951.jpg20220612_145648.jpg

• Like 6