New Guy Here

jft69z

I just had to shovel 2" of snow off the hot tub to get in it. That's from a couple hours of snow & it's supposed to keep going to around 6 AM.

Needless to say,  not going back in the shop now. Damned hot tub is ruining me 🤣.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snow is not supposed to start here until around midnight.  Temperature was 58 here but is going to drop fast.  We are supposed to get 4 to 6 inches so not too bad.  Then on Sunday the temperature will start to rise from then through next week.

Tomorrow is Pittsburgh very big St Patricks Day Parade.

rob

Joe looks like you have your work cut out for you this weekend. The more you go into that hot tub, with or without the better half, the harder it is going to be getting back into the garage...

As far as the white stuff All 3 of you guys can keep it. Done, done, done, with it!!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Almost 8 inches now and almost done in our area.

rob

You got it worse than we did. It actually didn't amount to a whole lot in the end, 2-4 inches maybe in spots. I was up at 6 AM, shoveled and snow blowed a little bit. Wasn't even worth pulling the truck out, the sun will melt the rest I figure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, willie said:

The more you go into that hot tub, with or without the better half, the harder it is going to be getting back into the garage...

I just told someone at work the other day that hot tub has ruined me,  lol.

Plenty of times I'll jump in it instead of working on the car, and just sit there and think of all the things I should be doing instead.

• Like 1

Glad not to bad Joe,

Rob 8" is like 12" here (Do not like it)

Dennis has to ck in yet?

We just had rain all night, still raining, temp drop later will hurt then snow.😕

Be safe everyone

• Like 1

I’m late to the party, as usual. 1-2 inches. Waste of time. But I'll bet they salted the crap out of the roads. It is cold though. 23 degrees with a feels like temperature of 3.  Lol. I think this will be our last blast. I agree Willie, I’m done with it. Next week has 70’s in it. 

• Like 2

Stupid phone. I think I will get the hot tub going this year. I pull the pump every fall and drain it. Never turned the heater on. I want to be lazy and think also. Lol. But if I do that I will have to have a custom cover made. Expensive. So I think I will probably pass. It seats 6 comfy but only about 10 jets. But I don’t think sitting on stone excites me that much. Lol. Especially if I turn the waterfall on. But I could get some super models to shower in there. O who am I kidding. Lol. It would make for some good pictures. 

F0AFE328-CF9C-4DF1-977A-E40559071061.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OH BOY!!!   Looks like we are going to lose another member to the hot water, and relaxation of these hot tubs!!! And super models to boot!!! LOL

Did i say I"M IN!!! 

• Haha 2

When I built the the bathroom upstairs for the in-law suite I put in a walk in tub. Heated,jetted style. After filling it four years ago and making sure everything worked it’s never had water in it again. If I wanted to sit in a tub I could do it in the comfort of the house. Not for me. It’s like a bath, I get bored in 10 minutes and I’m out. Lol   So no worries Willie. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got a little motivation and started to wire it up. Plenty more to go, but at least The main harness is modified enough to suit my needs, taped up & bolted to the firewall. The EFI power harness is run to the trunk where the battery is located, and just need to keep building from there.

On a side track, I made what is probably the most expensive wall clock ever 😁.

When I got the ZR1 corvette, most of them had a problem with a front end shimmy around 69-74 mph. After all sorts of troubleshooting it turns out it was the Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors in most cases. My GM dealer covered them under warranty & let me do it at my shop, but they naturally wanted the parts back. Long story short, the bad rotors sat at the dealership for years waiting for GM to reimburse them, however it never happened. I kept asking for them to make a clock, but the parts manager kept saying NO, lol. Well, last week I was there visiting and he pulls me aside....

The list price of the rotors were something like $2300 each at the time.... price of a clock from Amazon $11.95. I still have to do the other rotor, but no big hurry.

*** No Carbon Ceramic rotors were harmed making this clock***  😆

20220408_215806.jpg

20220331_191221.jpg

• Like 4

My god what a wiring nightmare. I couldn’t do that. Kudos to you. I bow to the master. Lol. Clock is cool as h… , that rotor reminds me of a clutch disc. (Sort of). Yes expensive but not for you. Nice. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

My god what a wiring nightmare. I couldn’t do that. Kudos to you. I bow to the master. Lol. Clock is cool as h… , that rotor reminds me of a clutch disc. (Sort of).  

You could do it, no problem. Just takes time and planning to figure out how to hook up all the different modules and electronics to play nice together, and not burn anything up in the process. There's at least 3 or 4 more harnesses that aren't in the picture that need to be made up and run.

When you get those brakes hot, it does smell like clutch burning, lol

Hey Joe, glad you got out of the hot tub and dried off alittle.

Yes all the wires look like spaghetti, i bet your not going to have any, any time soon.

Yes that expensive clock looks fantastic, but if I were you, better bolt it down.  lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey Joe, glad you got out of the hot tub and dried off alittle.

Yes all the wires look like spaghetti, i bet your not going to have any, any time soon.

Yes that expensive clock looks fantastic, but if I were you, better bolt it down.  lol

Thanks Willie, lol!

The clock will end up on a wall somewhere around here, not high on the list of things to do right now, 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Thanks Willie, lol!

The clock will end up on a wall somewhere around here, not high on the list of things to do right now, 😁

Why? Did you get a new shipment of potato chips and a new list of movies to watch?  

2 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Why? Did you get a new shipment of potato chips and a new list of movies to watch?  

LOL, that made me laugh.

• Like 1

Joe just finished the last case of chips and Amazon said he seen all the movies they carry!!!

Glad he is back up and around again. I am sure he is counting down the seconds......

Just now, willie said:

Joe just finished the last case of chips and Amazon said he seen all the movies they carry!!!

Glad he is back up and around again. I am sure he is counting down the seconds......

While sitting in the hot tub 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Been on a long stretch of work again, then working in the shop after/before work. Some 20 hour days lately...

Not much time for chips or movies...

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

While sitting in the hot tub 

But....I do manage to squeeze a few minutes in the tub to wind down a bit 🙂

• Like 2