New Guy Here

jft69z

• 2 months later...

A new addition to the pit crew arrived yesterday, 'Ruby'.

The other dog isn't so amused with her right now, but she'll come around (she's upstairs in the bed). Kacey is watching out for her already though. 

When we first brought her into the house, she saw her reflection in the glass window of the stove, it was comical to see her reaction.

20230209_120706.jpg

20230209_120733.jpg

20230209_121935.jpg

20230208_190719.jpg

20230209_120746.jpg

• Like 10

She is very cute.  You have to love a puppy.  House training may be easier since you already have a house trained dog in the house that she may follow the lead on.

rob

• Like 4

Just now, Rob Peters said:

She is very cute.  You have to love a puppy.  House training may be easier since you already have a house trained dog in the house that she may follow the lead on.

rob

Thanks Rob.

So far there's been a couple incidents already, but probably because she senses the spots in the carpet from prior dogs. Even though I douse those spots with enzyme cleaners, no doubt they still know. 

Seems real sweet though, and fearless when it comes to stairs, etc. already. The story I heard was there was a large litter, it got cold down there in Georgia, and half the pups died, as well as the mother. The ones that made it must have figured out a way to survive and are maybe stronger? At any rate, she's a little sweetheart, so far...

• Like 4

She's very cute, good luck with the training that's always fun and hope she's not a chewer. My gf dog also came from Georgia and was abandoned and she is a very aggressive chewer she's almost 3 now. My Black lab Bassett chewed for a little over 2 years (went through a few pairs of slippers she seemed to love them) but turned out to be my best buddy. Good luck with her!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The one on the right is still not a big fan of the puppy, but stayed there long enough for a picture. 

20230219_090434.jpg

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, DragCat said:

See what Dennis started, now I see Santa's feet in the picture 🤣

That's the Grinch. He's been there around 11 years now. (there's actually one of my Grinch slippers there in the bottom left of that picture too)

Hard to see in the pics, but his fingers are saying that Glen is " Number One"  🖕😁🖕

20230219_164622.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dtret said:

The grinch is Joe’s idol, he’ll never let it go. It’s his inspiration. 

He's my hero. Ruins it by growing a heart at the end though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

That's the Grinch. He's been there around 11 years now. (there's actually one of my Grinch slippers there in the bottom left of that picture too)

Hard to see in the pics, but his fingers are saying that Glen is " Number One"  🖕😁🖕

Looks more like a west coast hip hop 🤣  

image.png

1 minute ago, DragCat said:

Looks more like a west coast hip hop 🤣  

Nope, a simple one finger wave 😄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I decided to try something different than the NK4, 4-Spoke steering wheel that's in the car now. Something about it being on Vegas, etc always made me laugh.

I decided to try the optional NK1  'Comfort Grip' wheel that was offered on earlier Chevelle's, Camaros, etc. The wheel comes as a kit with everything needed. Like I did with the NK4 center cap, I decided to add the 'Monte Carlo' script instead of the Chevy emblem in the center of the horn cap.

First step was to mill down that raised Chevy emblem. A little extra grinding to shape it a bit better was needed. After that, I used a Monte hat pin from ebay, and removed the year that was on the pin. A little more playing around and then I was able to mount the pin with some clear, 5-minute epoxy.

Still doing other stuff on the Camaro right now, but hope to mount the wheel in the car fairly soon. So far, I'm pretty OK with how it turned out though.

Horn Cap from NK4 Wheel:

20230331_141117.jpg

New Parts for NK1 Wheel:

20230329_112304.jpg

20230329_112242.jpg

20230331_131312.jpg

20230331_132347.jpg

20230331_134908.jpg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Quite creative, I think it's pretty cool 😎

Thanks Mike!

My original plan for the NK4 cap was to make a mold of the factory center emblem, and sink the Monte script in it with clear acrylic. That day hasn't happened yet..😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Since it isn't factory correct that counts as an alteration.  Looks amazing Joe.

rob

Thanks Rob.

I disagree though. Because the factory 'should'  have offered it like that, it should count as OEM....:k   :605774673_stirpot:

• Like 1
  • Kook 1

35 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Since it isn't factory correct that counts as an alteration.  Looks amazing Joe.

rob

I don’t think at this point Joe is counting modifications but it sure is a nice addition. 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

28 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I don’t think at this point Joe is counting modifications but it sure is a nice addition. 

Thanks Dennis!

Bunch of bullies around here....   :boxing_smiley:

I know exactly what you were getting at Rob 😄. Perhaps you want to explain to the others? :rofl:

• Haha 1

I think anytime Joe gets out of that hot tub and works on any of his cars it looks fantastic!! Nice job Joe, i love it!!!

And who cares if you loose a point or two here and there! She is yours to do what you want!

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1