New Member I think

pab3589

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. Its been a bit since an update. Time is getting closer to being able to get the cars out and need to get this done. So made some progress did a lot of waiting on parts being shipped, delays , damaged trim ( because its the thinnest stuff on the planet) sand blasting and painting a few remaining parts. I am using the original front bumper I have for now, not perfect but really good shape. i just wanted a  new one to match the new back bumper, but it can wait for now. Got the new inner wheel wells , new wheel well trim , new rocker molding and new lower molding installed, car  buffed and polished (needs a little more to get rid of some swirl marks) good enough so it could see the light of day this mothers day and stretch her legs a bit. Still have more things to work on as it will never be done but the majority is done to make it respectable. Still a bit of detailing and cleaning but for now was good enough to get it out and enjoy a nice day. Well all... here she is , after a few progress pics you can see how she looks. Thank you all for looking , following and helping along the way , it's not over and I will post more stuff as I do things but overall the big part is completed. I cant wait to see you all in Carlisle hopefully, that is what I was shooting for and she is good enough to go now. It's not perfect but for what we had to work with work space , painting environment etc..  I am very happy with results. As always thank you all for looking.

Sand blasted and painted fender braces

m348.jpg.9e1d05c2e567b08041e337f13d4b6201.jpgm349.jpg.7aafa586b3227a241062ae155f1a0c7c.jpg

Sandblasted and painted the hood latch ...whoops forgot the pictures of the painted hood latchm350.jpg.36ed81043268bdbcda5305f4d9fcda35.jpg

Some before, after and during pictures of the bumper brackets from crusty to looking like brand new 

m351.jpg.592f03914761bc79da753e704fdcfac2.jpgm352.jpg.77b30ebc1b8a9671ec76ac1d4d67386b.jpgm353.jpg.219b229b4f3a9774afe3769a16a1a265.jpgm355.jpg.5b9f87a3d63fcf2d422cffe97962d9d1.jpg

the new inner wheel well installed after some wrestling with it

..m354.jpg.c77242717233084291eb7306043582aa.jpg

And the final pics after hours of massaging, filing, trimming, installing ,uninstalling all while trying not to scratch the paint.Finding clips that work best etc.,,, and trying to make them look halfway respectable.. But here she is

.m356.jpg.8ca492bf17bbc98347bb84469e2721b8.jpg

m357.jpg.a244c65704d4bda2a8f905ed63dd1011.jpg

m359.jpg.43651b8adf7fce861a1c406e5e2fdc67.jpg

m360.jpg.85c70fae7cd560cf40a7310f649bb2ae.jpg

m361.jpg.232a34bdfd186c8f568fd512bed6e2c9.jpg

m362.png.4fbc714febd86ff37bce3026e384623f.png

Here is the before and after for for those that have missed it 

Before 

m2.1.jpg.3b6f4abb6c0e49697324939a29358645.jpg

After

m361.jpg.232a34bdfd186c8f568fd512bed6e2c9.jpg

• Like 2

Very, very nice work, Patrick! It must be very gratifying to successfully complete such a stunning transformation!  She's a black beauty as is!  Bumper guards and a passenger side sport mirror are the only possible exterior tweaks I might consider.

Thanks All,

On 5/10/2020 at 8:18 PM, Michael Boyte said:

Absolutely beautiful !!!

Black with a Black vinyl top, reminds me of a Monte Carlo I see around here from time to time .

Will be down there in September I think is when we go this year , love it down there .. I hope I see it Roaming the streets would like to check it out, we stay in North Myrtle. 

11 hours ago, MCfan said:

Very, very nice work, Patrick! It must be very gratifying to successfully complete such a stunning transformation!  She's a black beauty as is!  Bumper guards and a passenger side sport mirror are the only possible exterior tweaks I might consider.

It really is gratifying ..At times you think it will never get done looking at all the totes of parts hoping to remember where they go, LOL  .. I think I may put the passenger side mirror on just used to using them nowadays. Bump guards not sold on yet 

9 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

looks great gotta luv a black 71 hope to see it at carlisle

I will be there if we have it ,,really looking forward to it .. 

3 hours ago, pab3589 said:

.. I hope I see it Roaming the streets would like to check it out, we stay in North Myrtle. 

You will have to come to my house to see this one 😂

10 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

You will have to come to my house to see this one 😂

LOL I didn't realize that was yours .. right over my head.. we stay down off of Lake Arrowhead Rd .. May be in touch to stop by and see it . 

44 minutes ago, pab3589 said:

LOL I didn't realize that was yours .. right over my head.. we stay down off of Lake Arrowhead Rd .. May be in touch to stop by and see it . 

If you haven't seen Michael's car in person, it is worth the trip to his house to see it.

rob

4 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

My Monte family is welcome at my home anytime !  Just give me a shout .

When it gets closer will definitely be in touch would love to check it out.

20 hours ago, pab3589 said:

Latham is a decent area really like it here .I was hoping to make the Syracuse Nationals, did they cancel that yet ?

Pat As of right now it's still on but we will see what happens. Been wanting to get down there to see my mom but with all that's going on I dont want to chance for her to effect her,  shes 92. She lives at hearthstone village. 

40 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Pat As of right now it's still on but we will see what happens. Been wanting to get down there to see my mom but with all that's going on I dont want to chance for her to effect her,  shes 92. She lives at hearthstone village. 

Yes you don't want to risk that, if there is anything I can do from here at a safe distance  supplies or anything , disinfect and safely deliver etc.. let me know. She is literally around the corner. 

1 hour ago, pab3589 said:

Yes you don't want to risk that, if there is anything I can do from here at a safe distance  supplies or anything , disinfect and safely deliver etc.. let me know. She is literally around the corner. 

Thank you for that, my sister lives nearby and my brother is up in ballston spa. I am originally from Colonie.

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Thank you for that, my sister lives nearby and my brother is up in ballston spa. I am originally from Colonie.

Interesting and the world gets smaller .. I was born in Syracuse moved to Ballston Spa at about age 2 , graduated from High school there in 88 left there about 2009  but my family is still there in he house we grew up in. 

7 hours ago, pab3589 said:

Interesting and the world gets smaller .. I was born in Syracuse moved to Ballston Spa at about age 2 , graduated from High school there in 88 left there about 2009  but my family is still there in he house we grew up in. 

He lives on Paisley rd. off rt. 67 down near  Stewart's. He worked at the navy base until he retired. My mom and step dad used to live on Rock city falls rd after he retired.