No sale

monte70car

After listing my 72 back in October it looks like it will be just sitting. So many people either low balling or thinking the price was wrong. Had one guy ask me what I was smoking because of price. To many toys no time to enjoy them.

"He who dies with the most toys, wins" is a quote I hear often. Granted, you're still dead I tell people, but in theory it sounds good.

ERT, please keep in mind what you were building with that car.  That is very much a specialty car.  Not everyone knows what all goes into building something like that.  You have pretty much hand built that car in every aspect.  Also keep in mind being a specialty vehicle like it is it is going to have a very narrow audience.  Keep listing it and who knows what will happen.

rob 

Oh I know Rob. Even telling people there is more money in the build then the asking price and send more pictures to those that asked never heard back from them.

MC1of80,

I had listed a 72 u code Monte that me and my late father had started building as a pro-street car. We weren’t trying to build a race car just something to cruise around in. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, 714024SPEED said:

How much were you asking? Looks like a lot of the hard work is done.

I was asking $20,000. All the hard work and what I would call big ticket items are already done. It got a new wiring harness front to back installed. H4 headlights with running light built in, installed. Custom hood that needs to be finished which goes with the body work that’s left. It’s got a brand new windshield, drivers window, new wheel well trim and all the side trim. The interior is complete, headliner isn’t in the car nor the sail panels but I have them. The brake lights were updated to the LED style panel. It’s a factory big block car which no longer has the original motor but we did put a big block in it. Exhaust is 2.5” from the header to the rear bumper (custom made tail pipes to clear the tires. Our plan was to do a tone two paint job on it with using stock vinyl top trim. To me it’s a complete car but I guess people didn’t see it that way.

Wow people are nuts!! I've seen all the work you have done on the website.just in parts is way over asking price. Hope it all works out and it finds a home where someone can appreciate the work you and your dad have done........or you can always finish it at a later date. I have always found that when people insult me when I go to sell a car it is very motivational to finish it.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah building a car isn’t a cheap things but you do have fun doing it. You are right there is more money in parts then the asking price which I told people who asked about it. For me I want to finish it but the funds just don’t work with everything else I have going on which is why I listed for sale. If it did sell I wouldn’t be Monte less as I have my 70.